What's new

Need Title of Novel (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
2-3 years ago I was reading a kindle novel. The protagonist was an ex-detective (LA maybe?) who had been horribly mutilated by a bomb blast. He is blind and deaf and maybe misssing other senses too. He has a companion dog.

Despite his physical limitations, the police come to him for help. They bring a female interpreter and the two communicate by tapping into each other’s hand. At least that’s what I remember.

A tentative and very touching relationship begins between the ex-detective and the interpreter. I was very touched and was enjoying the novel very much. Then it takes u-turn and gets all mystical. I do not dig mystical and I couldn’t keep going.

I’d like to give the novel a second try but can’t remember the author or the title. It’s available as a kindle book and presumably hardcover. Over the years I’ve collected way too many books, a lot free. I’ve gone thru my list of books but no title rings a bell. I’m hoping someone here will recognize the novel.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Eureka! The novel is Winter Wind by J.R. Rain. Once I finish my current book, I'm going to give this novel another chance.

I found it by doing a search for it in Calibre. I did a search for the words for "dog" and "blind" and that narried it down to 4 or 5 books and the one I wanted was there.

BTW, Bradbury's The Martian Chronicles also showed up in the search.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Eureka! The novel is Winter Wind by J.R. Rain. Once I finish my current book, I'm going to give this novel another chance.
I did start the novel again and this time I enjoyed it. I just decided to suspend disbelief for the mystical part and just enjoy the characters and plot. Recommended.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks