What's new

Need suggestions for TV (1 Viewer)

Bob_S

Stunt Coordinator
Hi, my dad finally decided he needs a new TV so I've been helping him in the search. Only thing is I haven't been following the latest TV technology for the past couple years. I need some direction. He has a $2500-3000 limit, and would like a 50" or bigger. So far we've looked at a Samsung DLP and a Sony 3LCD. Sorry I don't know the exact model #'s. From what I've seen I like the RP LCD Tv's and the DLP looked ok, it was just running regular TV.

Basically he needs something that will look good in a bright room, the living room it will be in has 2 walls that are all windows and are usually open. So if anyone can shoot out suggestions, we want a good quiality 50" or larger HD Ready TV, that will blow away his old 35" sony (not a hard feat).

Thanks

Bob

Bob_S

Stunt Coordinator
I just wanted to add, this will be used 75% with regular digital cable and hd channels.
Also the sony we're looking at is the Sony KDFE55A20.

Thanks

Jay_Via

Stunt Coordinator
i like the JVC HD-ILA 56" that Best buy sells, the HD567BP6. Runs $2800 and comes with a free stand.

Through my extensive research in the last couple weeks, i have determined that to be the best performance for the price, IMHO.

Mike Milillo

Stunt Coordinator
Jay, is the 52 inch the same TV, just 4 inches smaller?
HD-52G786

In your research, have you noticed these sets to be too bright in dark rooms?

Have you noticed ambient light to have negative affects on these displays?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks