Need suggestions for TV

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Bob_S, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Bob_S

Bob_S Stunt Coordinator

Hi, my dad finally decided he needs a new TV so I've been helping him in the search. Only thing is I haven't been following the latest TV technology for the past couple years. I need some direction. He has a $2500-3000 limit, and would like a 50" or bigger. So far we've looked at a Samsung DLP and a Sony 3LCD. Sorry I don't know the exact model #'s. From what I've seen I like the RP LCD Tv's and the DLP looked ok, it was just running regular TV.

Basically he needs something that will look good in a bright room, the living room it will be in has 2 walls that are all windows and are usually open. So if anyone can shoot out suggestions, we want a good quiality 50" or larger HD Ready TV, that will blow away his old 35" sony (not a hard feat).

Thanks

Bob

2. Bob_S

Bob_S Stunt Coordinator

I just wanted to add, this will be used 75% with regular digital cable and hd channels.
    Also the sony we're looking at is the Sony KDFE55A20.

Thanks

3. Jay_Via

Jay_Via Stunt Coordinator

i like the JVC HD-ILA 56" that Best buy sells, the HD567BP6. Runs $2800 and comes with a free stand.

Through my extensive research in the last couple weeks, i have determined that to be the best performance for the price, IMHO.

4. Mike Milillo

Mike Milillo Stunt Coordinator

Jay, is the 52 inch the same TV, just 4 inches smaller?
    HD-52G786

In your research, have you noticed these sets to be too bright in dark rooms?

Have you noticed ambient light to have negative affects on these displays?