What's new

Need Splinter Cell help please... (1 Viewer)

John B.

Stunt Coordinator
Level 4: CIA Headquarters....

At the spot towards the end of the level where you come out of the building in the rain to the rendevouz point, and there are stairs leading down (to 1 level still above ground level) and farther down you can see a truck waiting...

How do you kill the one guard patroling around the stairs below without sounding any alarms?? I have all savepts on the same spot where if i get another alarm it's over.

Thanks

MattSG

Agent
Sorry to ninja ur thread, but I have a question for you, im stuck at the start of Level 4: CIA HQ, how do you get in the building? They tell me to go into the fan, but its got barbwire over it.

Aaron Lock

Grip
To get rid of that guard, what I did was make the guard inside the room fire a couple of rounds. It doesn't set off an alarm, but it will make the other one come into the room. Once there, hang out in the shadows and knock them both out. There's a third guard outside too, use a sticky shocker on him.

To get into the CIA building. You have to go across the driveway (do it in the shadows) and then up to the building where there is a ventilation unit surrounded by a fence. Climb the fence, at the left part of the fence (I think it's the left) there's an opening in the barbed wire. Climb into the left fan, it's off for a while.

Aaron.

Steve K.H.

Supporting Actor
The guard after the mechanical room on level two can be taken out by going down the stairs the moment he starts walking past underneath. You have to watch him without sticking your head out the door.

From the bottom of the stairs, crouch over by the wall. The guard will come over and stop close to you but won't see you cuz it's dark. Watch his path. Once he turns around you have to sneak up behind him. This is a tough one cuz he stops at the end of his walk and angles a bit to the left, so you have to move to the right. You have a couple of seconds to grab him.

Definitely one of the harder guards to grab, although his buddy ain't that easy either.

Good Luck!

Lee L

Supporting Actor
I used my sticky camera to shoot accross the courtyard and look back at myself and everything around. I could see the guard and how long it took him to go back and forth and I could see the next gurad you have to get around the corner as well. Just make sure you do all your looking because I'm pretty sure there is no way to access the stick camera again once you disconnect from it.

Also, there is something on the shelf to the right of the door, just before you go out. It is a sticky shocker. I have found that if you need to use something, they will put it there for you nearby. I had some more shockers and used one on the guard below. You can crawl out onto the landing without being seen, when the guard gets to the bottom of the stairs, shoot him with the shocker.

To get into the CIA, there is one small section of the fence where the barbed wire has fallen down. Climb the fence there. It is side parallel to the wall where the louver is.

As a general strategy, I have taken to saving my checkpoints in all three slots and rotating them. That way I can go back 2 if I need to try again and have more health, etc. Also, if you have a point you don't want to lose you can chose not to save the checkpoint over it but that would be a rare situation.

After going through the CIA, the next level, Kalinatek should be fun since you can kill all the people you want. The end of that level is a killer though.

Dan B

Screenwriter
Of course, you can grab the sticky camera off the wall and re-use it again later. (you probably knew that & it doesn't help you if you can't get to it without dying anyway, but...)

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Did know that, but the ability to check in on cams in place would still be cool. For example...

In the CIA level where you get to the upstairs offices you approach a fork in the hall (just after dispatching a guard talking in the vending room). You can head left down the hall to go in the security room from the back. There are goodies to be had in the store room. When you want to come out it would be great to refer to a sticky cam outside to see if the coast is clear (a guard patrols regularly). The obvious solution is to use the optic cam but it's an automatic sliding door so you don't get the chance. Obviously you could take out the patroling guard first but if you're trying to make it through invisible this is not the right strategy.

Lee L

Supporting Actor
Of course, you can grab the sticky camera off the wall and re-use it again later. (you probably knew that & it doesn't help you if you can't get to it without dying anyway, but...)
This one ends up being stuck on a wall 50 feet in the air but it is no big deal because it is the end of a mission and you get restocked for the next one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks