What's new

Need some HT Demo DVD's (1 Viewer)

TysonN

Agent
Yep, I have a few "Demo" DVD's, but I am getting tired of playing the same thing over and over again for people that want to be "wowed". I have the Matrix, Charlie's Angels, Mission Impossible 2, Gladiator, and Heat. I am not looking for a bass demo as much as I am looking for something that uses the surround soundfield a lot. Preferably an action movie, but others are OK.
Help?

Jeffrey G

Agent
I personally was impressed by "Snatch". It's probably not the action, shake your house bass that you're looking for, but the bass in the soundtrack was assume to me.
------------------
Jeff Gossett

JustinT

Stunt Coordinator
Just a few suggestions...
Fight Club, Predator DTS, The Fifth Element (although you might want to wait for the Superbit release), Se7en, Saving Private Ryan DTS, and X-Men. In my opinion, all of these discs have good sound, and utilize all 5.1 channels very well.

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
I personally was wowed by Fight Club. You might want to try that one it sounds really good.
-Keith-

Frank_S

Supporting Actor
The beginning of "Cliffhanger" is very good for surround to front panning of the helicopter, great intro, IMO.
Mystery Men and Galaxy Quest are also very good. :)

Jeff Whitford

Screenwriter
Tyson, Twister has a bunch of good surround demos in it. Especially the begining. Also DTS demo discs are very good. I just happen to have an extra one for trade if you look at my ad in the software for sale/trade section.
------------------
Jeff Whitford
Hometheater Guru

TysonN

Agent
Thanks guys,
I have Fight Club, I forgot to mention it. I just joined the Columbia house DVD club, got Blade, the Crow, U-571, and the Fifth Element as my 4 intro movies. I wanted X-men, and Saving Private Ryan, but those weren't movies that Columbia house stocks. They don't have either of the Terminator movies or the Toy Story movies either, which kind of sucks. Ah well, thanks for the great suggestions.

Mike A

Agent
Tyson,
CH carries both versions of Saving Private Ryan (DTS & DD). The also have T2:Ultimate Edition available. X-men is not because it is a Fox title.
Check out this very detailed FAQ for columbia house. It will help you get the most for your money.
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=107726
[Edited last by Mike A on August 28, 2001 at 09:32 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks