What's new

Need Recommendation: Progressive Scan DVD (1 Viewer)

Sheena

Auditioning
Looking for a good high quality prog scan DVD player. And (since I'm a girl) I want a pretty silver one :) ... I was thinking about the thin Philips one. But I need something that can play VCD's too... I have so many problems with my Sony. DOes anyone have any suggestions?

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
This thread is the latest of a series of threads that will help. You can try searches from that area (audio/video sources) if the one a I suggest is not of sufficient help.

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
Sheena,
Lew's post is a good thread to read back and it brings up the issue that the Panasonic RP-62 and RP-82 WILL play VCD but NOT SVCD (which sounds to me like a format associated with digital cams -- is this what you want?)
In either case, both units are available in SILVER (and only silver for the RP-82 it seems for now).
bill

Geno

Supporting Actor
Sheena, I too was looking at the Philips, q50 I believe. I was looking at it for the same reason and NO I am not a girl, I just like cool looking things. But in the end, I settled on something less expensive, because budget.

I would almost call Crutchfield and talk to thier customer service and find a good dvd player, then go shop the best price.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks