Need Recommendation: Progressive Scan DVD

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Sheena, Aug 22, 2002.

1. Sheena

Sheena Auditioning

Looking for a good high quality prog scan DVD player. And (since I'm a girl) I want a pretty silver one [​IMG] ... I was thinking about the thin Philips one. But I need something that can play VCD's too... I have so many problems with my Sony. DOes anyone have any suggestions?

2. Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen Executive Producer

This thread is the latest of a series of threads that will help. You can try searches from that area (audio/video sources) if the one a I suggest is not of sufficient help.

3. Bill Kane

Bill Kane Screenwriter

Sheena,
    Lew's post is a good thread to read back and it brings up the issue that the Panasonic RP-62 and RP-82 WILL play VCD but NOT SVCD (which sounds to me like a format associated with digital cams -- is this what you want?)
    In either case, both units are available in SILVER (and only silver for the RP-82 it seems for now).
    bill

4. Geno

Geno Supporting Actor

Sheena, I too was looking at the Philips, q50 I believe. I was looking at it for the same reason and NO I am not a girl, I just like cool looking things. But in the end, I settled on something less expensive, because budget.

I would almost call Crutchfield and talk to thier customer service and find a good dvd player, then go shop the best price.

5. Sheena

Sheena Auditioning

Thanks for all the recommendations. I will read through that thread!