What's new

Need Receiver Help! (1 Viewer)

DarrylM

Stunt Coordinator
I'm torn between the NAD 752, Denon 3803, and Rotel 1055... If you had to choose between the three, which would you choose and why??? I'll probably buy a matching DVD player or changer, as well, so. Your feedback greatly appreciated.

JerryMa

Stunt Coordinator
I'm about to buy a new A/V receiver and 5.1 package and started out wanting the Denon 3803. Of course I wanted to hear it first, but on my first visit, near closing, I sat in on someone else's audition and heard an NAD T752. When I went back I demoed them face to face and the NAD won hands down. I found the Denon to be flat for music, though it was accurate in reproduction. My only question now is whether to go with the 752 or the 762, though I'm leaning toward the latter as its a bit more future-proof and I'll probably own it for a long time.

I haven't heard the Rotel but its supposed to be better than the NAD, though its above my price range.

Also consider features - the 7.1 Denon probably has more bells and whistles than the other two (I think the NAD and Rotel you're considering are both 5.1), but I would still choose the NAD, based on price (compared to the Rotel) and sound (compared to the Denon).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks