What's new

Need help with Pronto, learning modes! (1 Viewer)

Pamela

Supporting Actor
I had my Pronto TSU1000 learn the commands of all my remotes and it worked great, except the receiver remote. All commands
on the receiver remote were learned by the Pronto except the modes (TV, CD, DVD, etc...). They're kind of important.
Does anyone know how I can get them to be learned? I was ready to smash that thing. :angry:
P.S. I can't use Pronto edit right now, because I'm on an Apple and haven't gotten it set up use the ProntoEdit software yet.

Jim Lenneman

Stunt Coordinator
Pamela,

The codes were probably corrupt (not learned properly). Go to remotecentral.com and click on the "features" area. In the list there is a section on "tips and tricks" to learning IR codes. It may take several attempts to learn the codes. Try to learn in an environment without direct sunlight or direct lighting of any kind. These sources also emit IR that can foul up the process.

Best of luck,

Jim L

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Try waiting a moment before pressing the buttons on your OEM remote after pressing the learn fuction. I found that a short delay often worked if it failed before. You can also try playing with the distance between the two remotes

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks