What's new

Need help with Pioneer CLD-406 laserdisc player (1 Viewer)

Gabriel Tolosa

Auditioning
For some reason my player does not turn on. I was about to play a cd and i noticed that the standby light was not even on-like if there was no power going to it. I checked my connection on the player and the wall connector and still no power goes to it. I also tried another cable and still nothing, it just sits there like if its dead; no lights or error messages..i've only had it for maybe 4 yrs and never ever had a problem-always take good care of my hardware. I used it last about 2 days ago-I don't understand!? Does anyone repair laserdisc players anymore? Anyone have a similar problem before!? Would appreciate some help!
Thank you
Gabe

derek

Second Unit
Gabe,
I have a 406 also. Have you checked the fuse? If the fuse is bad...and a replacement fuse also blows it could be a voltage protection circuit. There is a spike protection diode in the power circuit in some Pioneer players that typically has been problematic to being oversensitive. When this diode gets hit with a certain voltage it shorts... and no more power. You need to clip the diode at one end. I've run my 406 this way for a few years now no problems. Anyway...I believe the diode is 'D6'. If you have a voltmeter see if it is shorted. If it is clip one end and you should be in business. Remember that this internal voltage overprotection feature is now disabled unless you replace the diode.
------------------
Derek
Surround EX FAQ: http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/P...urroundex.html

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I used it last about 2 days ago-I don't understand!?
Gabriel,
That is indeed strange! Everything of mine that ever broke, none of it worked two days before either!
biggrin.gif

But seriously, take the cover off and see if you can find a blown fuse. If that is not the problem, I strongly recommend returning the player to Pioneer’s service facility for the repair. I wouldn’t trust something like this to a local “jack of all brands” repair jockey.
Good Luck,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt
------------------
My Equipment List

Gabriel Tolosa

Auditioning
I'm gonna call Pioneer and see what they say. If i open the player i wouldn't know what to do or what to look for. I may just make it worse
frown.gif
. I really appreciate your input though!
Thanks
Gabe

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
It does sound like a fuse issue. I'd bring it to a tech. The 406 is a decent machine, definitely worth spending $200 to fix IMO.
------------------
Philip Hamm
Pat's the best!™
AIM: PhilBiker
click on the little green house to see the evolution of my home theater!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks