What's new

Anyone Need a Laserdisc Player? This May Help! (1 Viewer)

Paul Borel

Auditioning
[If you think you may have read this one before, your not seeing things. I recently posted it within the contents of another thread, but later realized that having it hidden in there would do little good to get the word out. So, I decided to make it my very First HTF Thread (after what seems like at least one million edits), in hopes that it may help those in search of a decent Used Pioneer Laserdisc Player finally find one, or like me maybe even two or three!]
I really wanted a back-up LD player (something bad) and just recently hunted down & captured a Pioneer DVL-91 in Truly Pristine condition for $400, and as an on-the-side Bonus, a Basic CLD-406, that was also Very Clean for $100!
I even found a CLD-97 for $300, and now it's only a matter of time before I pick that one up!
What I did was go to the Pioneer website and began a search of Pioneer Authorized Service Centers in my area, and then (painstakingly) called each-one asking if they had any Used Pioneer LD players for sale (realizing that sometimes customers just abandon their players because they later decide they don't wanna pay the repair bill), and after a handful of calls and call-backs with no luck, Surprise, Surprise! A Service Tech had "4" of them For Sale!
He wanted $450 for the 91 & $200 for the 406 but I pulled a little Wheelin' & Dealin' and got 'em both for $500!
I picked them up at the Service Center and at least got to actually SEE the units before I bought them, (Call me paranoid, but Shipping Laserdisk Players gets me kinda nervous) and got a (Most Important) reciept, which we both signed, that included the model numbers, serial numbers, condition, accessories (such as remotes, manuals, cables, etc.), and stated that they both came with a 30 day money back guarantee plus an additional 30 days free labor.
What better place to buy a Used Pioneer Laserdisk Player than from a Pioneer Authorized Service Center in your own area?!?!
...apart from our HTF Official Queen of LaserLand: Rachael B, who for which I trust with ALL my Heart, that is...
:p)
I mean, these units are already repaired, and just sitting on shelves collecting dust!
Well, I hope this helps anyone who's out there trying to find a decent Used Pioneer LD player. Good Luck, Best Wishes, & NEVER, EVER, GIVE UP...until you find what you want!
PS. What a Great Website the Home Theater Forum is! :emoji_thumbsup:
Paul

greg_t

Screenwriter
Thanks for the info, Paul. I have been looking for a cld 79 and just having been finding much on ebay. There is a brand new one on ebay right now but it'll probably go for over $600. I give some of the service centers a call.

Greg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks