What's new

Need Help with my Pioneer VSX-D458 (1 Viewer)

nominds

Auditioning
Real Name
sammy
i have a pioneer vsx-d458 and for some reason when i turn it on it lights up but just as it powers up it makes a clicking sound and turns off, then back on again and shuts down ???? justs keeps doing that untill i turn it off...any ideas at would help...thanks

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
Check for shorted speaker cables. If you have any wires patched check those to be sure there is no short there. Check at the receiver's speaker terminals and at the speaker terminals. If you don't find the solution quickly disconnect all speaker cables from the receiver. If it still shuts off after that then the problem lies within the receiver.

Go through those steps and post your findings.

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
Next thing to check is fuses, you will have to take the receiver apart to do this. Be sure the unit is unplugged and don't play around on the underside of the circuit boards, meaning leave the circuit boards in place because the fuses should be easy to access. There will likely be 3 fuses. One of them is larger than the others and is also seperate from the others. The larger fuse is probably fine, if that fuse was damaged the unit would not likely turn on at all. The smaller fuses are the ones that you should be checking.

Post back and let me know what you find.

nominds

Auditioning
Real Name
sammy
ok i found the three fuses.....they all look fine but l'm gonna go out and buy some new ones...l'll post back and let u know how it went...ttyl

nominds

Auditioning
Real Name
sammy
ok...tried all 3 fuses and still doing the same thing.....any other ideas ??

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
Sounds like a bad relay, the thing that makes the click noise when the amp turns on. It is a small black, yellow, or sometimes clear plastic box. Is the receiver still under warranty?

nominds

Auditioning
Real Name
sammy
no warranty...its too old....time to give up i think...maybe l'll put it on e bay and see if i can get something 4 it ???....thanks 4 ur time anyways

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks