What's new

Need help with Definitive Technology Mythos XTR-SSA5 sound Bar (1 Viewer)

ejc

Auditioning
Real Name
Elliot
Last spring in an effort to keep the other half happy as we redecorated our living room I decided to redo the A/V system in our living room and try to make it less intrusive.
The system I configured was:
Yamaha RX-S600 5.1 receiver (1/2 height)
70" Sharp Aquos LC70TQ15U
Samsung Blu-Ray BD-D5700
Chromecast
Comcast DTA

Harmony Remote Touch

Definitive Technology Mythos XTR-SSA5 5ch sound bar (non-powered)
Definitive Technology SuperCube SC4000 Subwoofer with SCW-100 Wireless Adaptor

At the time, I was not able to run cable for rear speakers and settled for the Soundbar. The rear sound was OK but not great.

In the fall, we discovered we had a main beam failing in the ceiling over the living room. While ceiling space was I ran wires for rear speakers. I now have a pair of:
Definitive Technology ProMonitor 800 speakers for my rears.

NOW THE QUESTION:

I have unused surround drivers in the sound bar. The Receiver is 5.1. I have spoken with bothe Definitive Technology and Yamaha.

Definitive Technology - I asked if the Surround Drivers could be paralleled with the Front drivers -4ohm load - They replied no because the sections communicate with each other and this would lead to an unsatisfactory setup.

Yamaha - I asked if the soundbar rear drivers could be paralleled with the new rear drivers - again a 4ohm load - Yamaha didn't recommend the 4ohm load for stability

Does anyone have any experience with a situation like this? Any ideas if any of my thoughts my work>

ejc

Auditioning
Real Name
Elliot
The Surrounds on the sound bar are disconnected and it is being used as a 3 channel bar.
I was curious if anyone might have tried repurposing the surrounds as I was thinking

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks