Need Help: Speaker Terminal Wall Plates

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bryant Brunner, Sep 16, 2002.

1. Bryant Brunner

In framing our house, I had several wire groups put in. On one side of the room, I've got 2 Cat5, 2 pair of speaker wire. On the other, I've got 1 Cat5, 1 RG6 and 2 pair of speaker wire. At the front of the room, I've got the four pair of speaker wire and 1 RG6 line.

My question is this:

Where can get wall plates that will allow for all of those uses? I saw some stuff at Lowe's but it seemed a little high.

Also, the RG6 line was put in for my sub, should I make the terminal an RCA connection or what?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

A company called "Panduit" makes a set of modular jacks that plug into faceplates. They have RJ45, RCA, coaxial-F connectors, etc.

I'd use an RCA banana plug for the subwoofer. This way any store-bought audio cable can connect it.

3. Bill Kane

Bill Kane Screenwriter

For in-home, Leviton certainly is the most handily found parts.Click at www.smarthome.com and look around. Also HERE is another place that carries these snap-on modular face plate accessories. Leviton uses the Decora style face plates we're used to seeing.
    I'd been looking for other style so checked Panduit. As far as I can see on my first try, it's a big business/industrial house with no in-home line.
    bill

4. Will Orth

Will Orth Stunt Coordinator

Well you can get these at Radio Shack :

Speaker -Bannana gold plated 8 TERMS PER PLATE.
    video Left-Right-Video
    cable
    phone

All are wall mount Plates fit in reg wall box.

Hell i am cheap and it works :=)

Will

5. Bryant Brunner

Thanks, between those and Parts Express, I should have my hands full picking stuff out. Thanks.
    [​IMG]