What's new

need help - home theater design (1 Viewer)

Mike Ma

Auditioning
have an 18.5' x 18' room with a hardwood floor and wood beam ceiling. I have a Toshiba 65H80 TV and want to put together a home theater system. I have an old pair of Klipsch speakers that I'm going to retire. I've inherited 4 Klipsch Quintet speakers that I'd like to include in this setup if possible. I need:
- sub
- center
- pair of front mains
- receiver

Any suggestions are appreciated. I have a budget of $1500-$2000. Thanks in advance.

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
Well I guess you are looking for a 7.1 reciever, I would recommend the Harman/Kardon AVR-325. It is the perfect reciever, I currently own a Quintet set and it sounds beautiful on my HK AVR-225. The AVR-325 is about $600 if you find a good deal.

I think that the Syngery line would match the Quintets well, I think that the Reference series would overpower them too much. Just something quick to look at would be a SC-1 which is the Synergy series center.

A pair of SF2's for the front... They will run about $500 a pair or so, while the center should run you about $200 or so.

Right now that puts you at about $1300. If you aren't looking to spend too much more then you can always go with a Klipsch KSW-10 sub which is about $250-300, if you want to go with true sub power then get an SVS. They run all different price ranges so I would take a look at their whole line, although they aren't very cheap, they provide some of the best bass.

I think that would be the best setup to accomodate the Klipsch Quintet's, I hope this helps you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks