need help - home theater design

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Mike Ma, Aug 18, 2003.

1. Mike Ma

Mike Ma Auditioning

Aug 17, 2002
    have an 18.5' x 18' room with a hardwood floor and wood beam ceiling. I have a Toshiba 65H80 TV and want to put together a home theater system. I have an old pair of Klipsch speakers that I'm going to retire. I've inherited 4 Klipsch Quintet speakers that I'd like to include in this setup if possible. I need:
    - sub
    - center
    - pair of front mains
    - receiver

Any suggestions are appreciated. I have a budget of $1500-$2000. Thanks in advance.
  2. ChrisLazarko

ChrisLazarko Supporting Actor

Aug 13, 2003
    Well I guess you are looking for a 7.1 reciever, I would recommend the Harman/Kardon AVR-325. It is the perfect reciever, I currently own a Quintet set and it sounds beautiful on my HK AVR-225. The AVR-325 is about $600 if you find a good deal.

I think that the Syngery line would match the Quintets well, I think that the Reference series would overpower them too much. Just something quick to look at would be a SC-1 which is the Synergy series center.

A pair of SF2's for the front... They will run about $500 a pair or so, while the center should run you about $200 or so.

Right now that puts you at about $1300. If you aren't looking to spend too much more then you can always go with a Klipsch KSW-10 sub which is about $250-300, if you want to go with true sub power then get an SVS. They run all different price ranges so I would take a look at their whole line, although they aren't very cheap, they provide some of the best bass.

I think that would be the best setup to accomodate the Klipsch Quintet's, I hope this helps you.