What's new

Need help for Kenwood HTB... (1 Viewer)

Ryan Brown

Auditioning
Hi,

I recently purchased a Kenwood HTB-505, I know it's not going to be as good as a $5000 system, but I feel it's a good starter system for me. My question is this: I've read in previous threads the the 504 can be improved by buying new speaker wire, is this still true for this model? Are there any other things like that I can do to maximize my Kenwood's performance? I'd appreciate any advice/help that could be given.

Thanks,
Ryan

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Hi Ryan. Welcome to HTF!

For any system, not just the Kenwood, proper setup will make a difference. This includes:

- Putting the front 3 speakers at nearly the same level in height.

- Pulling the speakers into the room and not against a wall or pushed back on top of the TV.

- Using good 12 ga wire for the long runs (but most of us use 12 ga for all the speakers, not just the rears).

- Use a laser pointer to see where the front 3 speakers are pointing. Make sure the L/R are symetric.

- Use a radio shack SPL/Sound meter to level adjust all the speakers.

- Put the powered sub in a corner with the longest, un-broken walls & level adjust to match the other speakers.

Search for "Calibration" in this fourm for advice on level adjusting. Hit the subwoofer fourm for other placement ideas.

And the Kenwood system is nice because you can always add a better sub later which gives you the impressive sound for action movies.

Good Luck.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
The sub is what I upgraded first. You will be amazed at what this will do for your configuration.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks