What's new

Hooked up receiver but no sound? (1 Viewer)

bramstoker

Auditioning
Real Name
dave
I should say that I dont know if I have it hooked up correctly though lol. I bought a kenwood htb 30rs off ebay. The receiver is I believe a vr60-rs though. I currently have the audio out on the tv hooked up to the "play in" "video 1" area on the receiver. There is also two analog jacks in that same box that says "rec out". Does this need to be hooked up too? Do I need to have the television audio outs hooked up to the receiver or can I just bypass the television's audio altogether? Can you post a picture on this forum? That might be easier to understand. Anyways, I appreciate any help.

bramstoker

Auditioning
Real Name
dave
I meant to say can I post a picture in this forum thus making it easier to understand?

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
Hi Dave, I would connect your system as follows:

DVD Player Component Output ===> Receiver DVD Component Input
DVD Player Coaxial Output ===> Receiver DVD Coaxial Input
Device #1 Component Ouput ===> Receiver Video 2 Component Input
Device #1 Coaxial Output ===> Receiver Video 2 Coaxial Input
Device #2 Composite Video Output ===> Receiver Video 1 Composite Video Input (yellow cable)
Device #2 Composite Audio Output ===> Receiver Video 1 Composite Audio Input (red/white cables)
Receiver Component Output (Monitor Out) ===> TV Component Input

There is no need to run any audio to your television.

If you have any newer equipment with HDMI you can connect video directly to the TV, and audio directly to the receiver. There is an optical audio input available as well.

Cheers,
Alon

bramstoker

Auditioning
Real Name
dave
Okay, so I dont have to hook up any audio cables to my television. Thanks for the information.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks