What's new

Need Help Deciding (1 Viewer)

Geoff_R

Grip
I just cant make up my mind and would really like some others opinions before I make a bad move. I just moved to a new apartment and I am looking to purchase a theater for it. I was going to buy the frontstage(Center, Front Left, Front Right), a new receiver, and possibly a new DVD Player for my 32inch HDTV. I wanted to stay with bookshelf speakers and am open to other suggestions, however, I kind of want to stay local. Around here they sell Pioneer Elite, Polk Audio, Paradigm, Sony ES, Mirage, and of course the best buycircuit city stuff. For a receiver I was looking for something around a Pioneer VSX45TX or one of the new top 2 Sony ES receivers (not sure of the numbers). The speakers I am trying to decide between are Polk Audio LSI (5&7's i think with matching center), Paradigm Studio 20's with a CC450, and Mirage(OmniSat's best bet although i'm not sure of other Mirage speakers offered in the studio 20's price range). Also I have a Pioneer Elite DV36, and wanted to keep my components (DVD&Receiver) matched. Just wondering if i should upgrade that as well(either buying something like a DV45 or a Sony piece). If you can help a confused guy out I would appreciate it. Any feedback would be helpful. :)

Alex Dydula

Stunt Coordinator
Geoff,

Before U spend ur harn earned bucks give this place a call and talk to Marc about the Dahlquist line of speakers...you can save bundles of cash and get some awesome sounding speakers......bookshelf or floor standers....dont let the smaller bookshelves fool you the QX6's are top notch and they can be used with some really nice speaker stands for fronts...

Link Removed

Also www.elegantaudiovideo.com sell the SONY receivers. The Da4ES is about $640, I bought here, no problems.

Best of luck
Alex

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks