What's new

Need Equalizer recommendation (1 Viewer)

Bob Elliott

Agent
I set up a whole-house speker system in my place. I am using a H/K AVR-7200 for the theater room that feeds a signal to a H/K PA-4000 that drives the speakers in the rest of the house.

The spoeakers in the rest of the house sounded flat. It turns out the AVR passes a raw signal through to the PA-4000. I e-mailed H/K technical help desk and they said taht there is no output jacks that will pass a equalized signal. I need to get a equalizer if I want to haer some bass in the kitchen.

I don't even know where to start. What do you guys think?

Bob

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
A cheap 2 CH EQ unit between the zone outputs of your HK to the whole house system should do the trick.

You are not really looking for top-shelf audio quality (right?), so just about anything would work.

IIRC, Audiosource has some low priced 2 CH EQs that would get the job done. And if you do want to go upmarket a bit, I have personal experience with Audio Control products, who also have several 2 CH EQs.

BGL

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks