Need Equalizer recommendation

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Bob Elliott, Mar 31, 2004.

  1. Bob Elliott

    Bob Elliott Agent

    Jul 1, 2003
    Likes Received:
    I set up a whole-house speker system in my place. I am using a H/K AVR-7200 for the theater room that feeds a signal to a H/K PA-4000 that drives the speakers in the rest of the house.

    The spoeakers in the rest of the house sounded flat. It turns out the AVR passes a raw signal through to the PA-4000. I e-mailed H/K technical help desk and they said taht there is no output jacks that will pass a equalized signal. I need to get a equalizer if I want to haer some bass in the kitchen.

    I don't even know where to start. What do you guys think?

  2. Brian L

    Brian L Cinematographer

    Jul 8, 1998
    Likes Received:
    A cheap 2 CH EQ unit between the zone outputs of your HK to the whole house system should do the trick.

    You are not really looking for top-shelf audio quality (right?), so just about anything would work.

    IIRC, Audiosource has some low priced 2 CH EQs that would get the job done. And if you do want to go upmarket a bit, I have personal experience with Audio Control products, who also have several 2 CH EQs.


Share This Page