What's new

need cheapest HDTV and over air HDTV decoder. (1 Viewer)

Grady Hollums

Second Unit
Real Name
D.G. Hollums
I tried searching for this with no luck, so I decided to actually post. (The Forum is so big now most of the time you can just search and never even really need to post to find most answers, :D

Well, I have two requests:

1. My father is looking for a direct screen HDTV Television. He would like to stay around the $1,000 and asked me to look into it and so I thought I would ask my expert friends here at the HTF! Let me know what is out there and quality and price are considerations. Thanks!

2. Now to my question, What would you advise me on for buying a HDTV Decoder for my HDTV? I live now in Santa Fe instead of KY and have lots of over the air stations. But I am a Methodist Minister and will be moving around NM and West Texas my whole life and might want to get a Satellite so I would need to look into a over the air and satellite decoder. I am looking around Christmas time to buy it and I have no money, because my wife and I both just graduated and have to pay back student loans. I just have had my HDTV for a few years now and would like to actually take advantage of it. So what would you suggest, and remember that I am looking at Christmas time, so if there is anything coming down the line that would be better and cheaper then let me know to keep my eyes peeled. Thanks so much for all your amazing help! I have been gone from the HTF for a while now, but man I have missed yall! Thanks again and God bless!

RoyGBiv

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steven Kempner
Samsung makes a 30" 16:9 direct view CRT HDTV that sells for about $1000.

SMK

Grady Hollums

Second Unit
Real Name
D.G. Hollums
Thanks guys anyone else have any suggestions?

I had no idea you could get the Samsung that cheap. That is good to know. I had read somewhere that I think it was a panasonic for $399 which is the cheapest I had seen, but man I have to get to my Sams to see it for myself. I am guessing that that is a over the air receive though correct? Thanks for all your help!!!

Grady Hollums

Second Unit
Real Name
D.G. Hollums
WOW! is the 27" 16X9? I think my father was wanting a wide-screen.

Thanks Nathan! I am really going to look into that decoder/receiver.

Grady Hollums

Second Unit
Real Name
D.G. Hollums
Thanks for reading my mind Jonathan! That was funny! 2 min. different.

Great minds think alike and so do ours!:laugh:

Grady Hollums

Second Unit
Real Name
D.G. Hollums
Ok, my Sams does not have the Samsung HD Decoder, so where is the best price on the net I guess for it, or any OTA HD receiver? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks