What's new

need amp for 15" titanic (1 Viewer)

JoeGibs

Stunt Coordinator
i'm hoping to find something used, and i'm looking for something about 500-700 watts rms at 4 ohms. i was looking at the adcom gfa-555, but it doesnt list the power rating for 4 ohms mono. its rated at 600 mono at 8 ohms

JoeGibs

Stunt Coordinator
couple hundred, 250 at most. i dont wanna pay 300 bucks for a 500 watt plate amp at parts express. i'm just not used to paying that much for $/watt, i'm a car audio guy

JoeGibs

Stunt Coordinator
im liking the look of those, cheap price and it'll get the job done. only thing i'm concerned about with the two you linked me to is they would severely overpower the sub. i'm looking more at this one after your recommendations, http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/...se_pid/482052/

the only thing i'm wondering about with these amps is do they have a low pass feature? would the receiver filter that and only send the amplifier the appropriate signal?

John S

Senior HTF Member
As long as your AVR or Pre/Pro has a sub out, your fine...

You can never have to much power by the way, your buying headroom is all.

JoeGibs

Stunt Coordinator
all i'm going to be running is a receiver with a sub out, i wont have any pre-amp or anything, just a simple setup. i'm planning on a yamaha htr-5850 or something similar

Carl Gaff

Second Unit
Joe,
I have a Carvin power amp I purchased new to use with my ButtKickers and never hooked it up. It puts out

1000W bridged 4 ohms, 700W bridged 8 ohms
Continuous RMS per CH: 8 ohms 225w
4 ohms 300w
2 ohms 500w.
Here's the link to the amp on the Carvin website:

http://www.carvin.com/products/single.php?ItemNumber=DCM1000&CID=PWA

Let me know what you think

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks