What's new

Need Advice on DCM Speakers (1 Viewer)

Hey, all... have a bud looking at some DCM speakers. I haven"t heard these before, looks like SOMEONE seems to like them, with all their decent awards & reviews. Could someone PLZ post any prices you have seen for these speakers listed below? Can't seem to find a dealer up here in Canada, eh! Thanx, all.

I was looking at the following setup:

2 - DCM26 Dual 6 1/2" Speakers @ 150W RMS (300W Total)
2 - DCM16S 6 1/2" Bookshelf Speakers @ 100W RMS (200W Total)
1 - DCM16C Center Channel Speaker @ 100W RMS (100W Total)
1 - TB1212 12" Powered Subwoofer @ 150W

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
The new-generation DCM speakers are receiving nice reviews. You probably are not aware that DCM has an audiophile reputation going back to the mid-seventies thanks to the company's inaugural and legendary model, the Time Window. Though not the same company these days, these new speakers coming from DCM merit attention.

Dave Bertrand

Auditioning
The first speakers I ever owned were the original DCM Time Windows, considered at the time to be the best speaker available for the money ($660/pair in 1979, which was a lot for a 16-year-old). They were mighty fine indeed. Of course, back then Bose was considered an audiophile brand as well. Sigh...oh for the 70's again....

RichardH

Supporting Actor
What I've heard of the new DCM is that they are very loud and clean. Not really an audiophile brand, more like a rock n roll brand, kind of like Klipsch. Can you hear a pair in your area?

Alas, no I can't find a dealer up here in Canada. Just doing a little leg work for a bud who is HUGE into computers; methinks he'll be on a 'puter expo type of trip come Jan. or Feb. to USA, so he'll have to check em out himself.
Anyone find any prices thru U.S. dealers, plz. post them here; just curious. Thanks a bunch! :D

Ron_L

Second Unit
I remember running into some DCM speakers here in BC, but I totally forgot where.

I think they were at A&B sound.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Dave, I had a pair of original-issue DCM Time Windows, which I later traded for a pair of Dahlquist DQ-10s and the DQ-1W woofer system (which would be called a "subwoofer" these days, but not in the heyday of high-end audio).

Those original Time Windows had amazing imaging capabilities and were an incredible value (though their frequency response was a bit jagged).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks