What's new

need a video card that can output avi files to TV (1 Viewer)

Patrick_M

Stunt Coordinator
I am going to be upgrading my monitor and video card in my computer soon. I am looking for a video card that will output either s-video or component video to my television (since my computer is also going to be my dvd player for our bedroom) I would also like a card that can output avi and divx files to my tv is well. What is the best card for this? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Sacha_C

Second Unit
Any [recent] ATI All-in-wonder card has compostite, s-video and component outputs and inputs (optional $30 adapter for component video output, no component video input)

Patrick_M

Stunt Coordinator
Cool, I have been looking at them at the Geoforce 4 cards. Does either have an advantage in terms of output or price?

Sacha_C

Second Unit
The Geforces don't have a TV tuner and i dont think they have component video out.

Jack De Winter

Auditioning
I have a low end MSI GeForce2 MX-420 and it has s-Video out. I took a $25 dollar adaptor from Radio Shack, and not a problem with the adaptor. It outputs either component a/v or coax.

My only problem has been that the card itself seems to reset itself sometimes and its default mode is to reset to the output device rather than the monitor.

cheers,
Jack

Sacha_C

Second Unit
If you are using an adapter you are not getting the real quality of s-video, only composite quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks