What's new

Need a dvd player (1 Viewer)

Zeeshan T

Agent
Hey guys i'm about to purchase a 4805 and was going to use it with my old panasonic dvd player however, the panny does not have component or s-video outs so i thought i should get a new dvd player. I would prefer a dvd player from best buy b/c my cousin works there and can get me a discount. Please recommend me the best dvd player from best buy. Thank you

Zeeshan T.

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor
You're going to buy a 4805 receiver and want to couple it witha mediocre DVD player from BB? IMO, seems like false economy.

Mort

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
How much you looking to spend? The Zenith DVB318 is a great deal at $160 with upconversion via Component pumping out a picture rivalling some top-rated faroudja based progressive scan players.

I hear they have it at best buy (or on their website?), but for MSRP ($259.99?). If you can get it for $100 off, then get it there. If not, then www.gochnauers.com has been selling it for $160.

Zeeshan T

Agent
Nick I will see if I can get the Zenith DVD player you are talking about. As far as the budget goes, I was going to buy the x1 for 900 bucks until I heard about the 4805. So i've already gone way over my budget and I am trying to avoid spending more as much as possible.

Zeeshan T.

Zeeshan T

Agent
Let me change the question around a little bit. Which dvd player would work best with sp4805if my budget was say $200?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks