Need a dvd player

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Zeeshan T, Jul 6, 2004.

1. Zeeshan T

Zeeshan T Agent

Hey guys i'm about to purchase a 4805 and was going to use it with my old panasonic dvd player however, the panny does not have component or s-video outs so i thought i should get a new dvd player. I would prefer a dvd player from best buy b/c my cousin works there and can get me a discount. Please recommend me the best dvd player from best buy. Thank you

Zeeshan T.

2. Mort Corey

Mort Corey Supporting Actor

You're going to buy a 4805 receiver and want to couple it witha mediocre DVD player from BB? IMO, seems like false economy.

Mort

3. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    How much you looking to spend? The Zenith DVB318 is a great deal at $160 with upconversion via Component pumping out a picture rivalling some top-rated faroudja based progressive scan players.

I hear they have it at best buy (or on their website?), but for MSRP ($259.99?). If you can get it for $100 off, then get it there. If not, then www.gochnauers.com has been selling it for $160.

4. Zeeshan T

Zeeshan T Agent

Nick I will see if I can get the Zenith DVD player you are talking about. As far as the budget goes, I was going to buy the x1 for 900 bucks until I heard about the 4805. So i've already gone way over my budget and I am trying to avoid spending more as much as possible.

Zeeshan T.

5. Zeeshan T

Zeeshan T Agent

Let me change the question around a little bit. Which dvd player would work best with sp4805if my budget was say $200?