What's new

Nebraska Football Championship Hopes Dashed? (1 Viewer)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
To be honest now, though, the front runners are the two teams I dislike the most: Miami and Florida. Maybe Tennessee can pull of the upset against Florida (I have more respect for Fullmer than Spurrier). Having seen VTech in action, though, it would take a near miracle for them to even hang around for the second half in that game vs. Miami.

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
Interesting.

The Huskers fall to only 4th in the BCS, behind Miami, Florida, and Texas. One or two slip-ups, and NU could be right back in the Rose Bowl.

Now, that said, I don't think they deserve to be there. Anyone that gives up 60+ points does not belong in a National Title game. However, if it'll speed up the demise of the BCS, and hasten a playoff, I'm all for it...

Jim__B

Stunt Coordinator
It was confirmed today that my Noles will play in the Gator bowl. The opponent will be either Viginia Tech or Syracuse. I am hoping for Tech they have some fun fans, at least they were in New Orleans for the Sugar Bowl. Their girls definately were not shy
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
It was confirmed today that my Noles will play in the Gator bowl. The opponent will be either Viginia Tech or Syracuse.
The Hokies accepted the bid last night, which I found odd considering that Syracuse will probably be the #2 team. I think this game will have quite a different outcome than the 1999 Sugar Bowl!!

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
One thing is for sure--this is going to be another entertaining Saturday for college football. :emoji_thumbsup:

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
As a lifelong Florida St. fan (I'm talkin' pre-Bowden), there's only one thing I've got to say:

GO VOLS!!!

[Oh yeah, and fuck that little whiny bitch, Spurrier, too.]

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
[Oh yeah, and fuck that little whiny bitch, Spurrier, too.]
Ditto, here! The irrational part me has always wanted to smash my fist into his face whenever he starts up his animated (and rather effeminate) facial expressions on the sidelines. :D
GO VOLS! :emoji_thumbsup:

Jim__B

Stunt Coordinator
Dave Hart the FSU AD had the press conference yesterday to announce the Bowl Bid, but most of it was to fire back at Spurrier.

One good quote was “It would probably be good if somebody'd just spank him, put him to bed and hope that he wakes up all grown up.”

Also Spurrier is supposed to be repremanded by the College Football Coaches Assoc. but that will probaly be a slap on the wrist.

All I know, Spurrier is the biggest cry-baby in college football.

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
One of my fondest memories is watching his face nearly cave in on itself every time Nebraska scored in their 63-24 win in the Fiesta Bowl... :)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
One of my fondest memories is watching his face nearly cave in on itself every time Nebraska scored in their 63-24 win in the Fiesta Bowl...
I'd buy THAT on DVD!!!

Just curious, does anyone who is NOT a fan of Florida like the guy? I mean, I'm no Oregon Ducks fan (UCLA alum thus we're rivals) but I respect what Bellotti has done. Same with Neuheisel in Washington and Barnett in Colorado. Just to put the "envious" argument to rest, I also respect Tom Osborne and the system he had in Nebraska. Even Bobby Bowden in FSU.

But man I just love it when Spurrier gets his a$$ handed to him in a game. Especially if the other team "Spurriers" him by running up the score.

R

RossTerry

what a first post...

I'm a Longhorn fan... so "Hook 'em" hopefully UT (Texas) will handle colorado in the big 12 championship

but im a fan of Spurrier. i personally like his aggressiveness and coaching. plus he can recruit

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
There are not many college football coaches that I truly dislike (at least, now that Woody Hayes is gone :) ), but Spurrier ranks at the top of my list. I'd love to see him dislocate his shoulder when he hurls that visor to the ground sometime.
Probably the only coach I dislike more is Dennis Erickson. His teams always seem to be a bunch of thugs. Oregon State showed a complete lack of class in their bowl game last year against Notre Dame. Even this Michigan fan felt sorry for the Irish. Erickson ran the same kind of program at Miami. I loved seeing the Beavers flop this year, and I never gave Oregon State a thought before Erickson arrived.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Hey Scott, you should hear what we call him here at the UCLA games--Warden Erickson. I'll take credit for that. Because I always said he recruited convicts ;)
I think he actually heard me once when I was near their sideline, I was just shouting it: Warden Erickson! Warden Erickson!
Of course as a UCLA fan, I should talk... :rolleyes

Darren H

Second Unit
On November 25th, I wrote:
Obviously, I'm a bit biased, but I'm starting to think that UT actually has a chance (though a very slim one) next week in Gainesville. I think it will all come down to UT's ability to establish a quality four-man pass rush. If they pressure Grossman, they have a chance; if not, he'll pick apart the Vols' weak secondary. UT definitely has the offense to keep up this year.
Good call, Darren. ;)

JerryW

Supporting Actor
Wow... that's almost eerie. :) Nice prediction.
So, think we Vols will end up smelling like roses? :D

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Jerry, if the Vols take care of business in the SEC championship games, they'd have my vote!

On a side note, I do hope BYU makes it to one of the BCS bowls...and gets their asses handed to them by a tough team that played a tough schedule.

Sorry, here on the radio we've been besieged by the BYU faithful who are crying that their undefeated record (esp. that barnburner they had today against 3-7 Miss. St.) should earn them a spot against Miami. I almost wish it would happen so Miami might be the first bowl team to score 100 - and no I am not a Miami fan.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
After yesterday's games, it appears to be down to two teams to fill the remaining Rose Bowl slot -- Tennessee and Oregon. If the Vols beat LSU in the SEC championship game, they should go to Pasadena. If Tennessee loses, it should be Oregon.

BYU should not go to Pasadena, even though they are unbeaten. They have not played any quality opponents. Nebraska should not go because they did not win their conference (they did not even make it to the championship game). Illinois should not go because the Big Ten sucks this year, and the Illini have not beaten anyone good.

JerryW

Supporting Actor
Well, we do have to take care of business next week. But, the polls just came out and we're #2 right now... it's ours to lose. Tennessee controls it's own destiny at this point, Oregon's only hope is that we lose next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks