What's new

International NCIS Seasons 1-5 coming to Blu-ray from CBS/Paramount (1 Viewer)

McCrutchy

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean
91ajZgZslYL._SY679_.jpg

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B077BQ1XPG/

CBS/Paramount are releasing the first five seasons of NCIS on Blu-ray in Germany (as an Amazon.de Exclusive) on January 18th, 2018. This is listed as a 29-disc set, and somehow, they are selling it at only €99,99. However, if you live in the USA, you don't pay EU VAT (Value Added Tax), so the price drops to a fantastic €84,03, and it's just €3,00 for shipping, which is a grand total of €87,03 (currently $102) shipped. Based on previous Paramount Blu-ray TV releases this should have at least English and German audio and subtitles, and it is likely to be region free, even though Amazon.de currently claims otherwise.

It will be interesting to see if these are released in the States, considering that there are several CBS/Paramount/Universal series that are only released internationally. If I had to guess, based on what has happened with Season 12, and with shows like the Hawaii Five-O remake, I would say don't bother waiting and buy this German release, especially given the cheap price.

Last edited:

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
I have to wonder how much better the picture quality will be for the early seasons of NCIS.

The daily NCIS reruns I watch have a very soft look to them. The latest seasons still also have this very soft look to the picture quality.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I was thinking the same thing. It's never been presented with razor-sharp imagery like its spinoffs but has always been a bit soft and hazy, often with oversaturated color in those early years when it was shot on film. That too deep color has been toned down a lot since the show switched to digital shooting.

I've been going back through the seasons on Netflix which shows it in 1080 and while they do look better than the DVDs I've reviewed over the years, they're not astoundingly better.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks