What's new

NCIS Season 7 (1 Viewer)

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I have watched NCIS since it's spin-off from JAG, I still enjoy it and am looking for next season.

I liked the Kate character but I also like the Ziva character.

On a side note, I wonder if Sasha Alexander ever regrets her decision to leave the show? She has done some work since but nothing major and if she had stayed on NCIS she could of have been set for life if she were careful with her money.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Seems like I recently read a brief comment somewhere from Sasha Alexander that she had absolutely no regrets, and was really ready to leave the show at the time of her departure.

On a side note, I've been watching some older episodes of NCIS in syndication. One of the episodes from season 3 (episode 15, Head Case) has Ziva commenting that she would never be taken alive by captors. Guess that didn't work out. (Not really a criticism of continuity, just something I noticed in light of season 6 / 7.)

- Walter.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Originally Posted by Patrick_S

On a side note, I wonder if Sasha Alexander ever regrets her decision to leave the show? She has done some work since but nothing major and if she had stayed on NCIS she could of have been set for life if she were careful with her money.

I read an interview shortly after she left where she said her specific reason for leaving is *because* it was obvious that the show was going to be a massive hit (which it is), and she didn't want to be tied down to one TV show for a decade. I guess she was more interested in guest starring on various shows and popping into movies now and then, which is a perfectly valid way to handle one's career, I guess. At least she knows what she wants for her career, so I can respect that.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I've read several times the reason she quit was she didn't like the workload of a regular series. I can respect that reason but I guess age and the lack of any real success in film have resolved that issue for her as she heads into yet another series. One I'll definitely be watching.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I guess age and the lack of any real success in film have resolved that issue for her as she heads into yet another series.

She left NCIS in 2005. She got married and had a daughter in 2006, and has been concentrating on the role of "mom" since then, mostly living in Europe. (Her husband is director Edoardo Ponti.) But she's still managed to keep her hand in, with at least one screen credit in every year except 2007. Her little girl is now old enough for pre-school, so mom can go back to back to work. There's nothing unusual or mysterious about any of this, and nothing that reflects badly on her age or her ability to land roles.

Kinda cool that the kid has Sophia Loren for a grandmother. )

Regards,

Joe

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
[COLOR= black]lol, boy are you over reacting. [/COLOR]

[COLOR= black]You are totally off the mark about my age comment. Simply put, now that she is a few years older and a parent, she probably feels it is very the importance to be secure financially so instead of finding the grind of a being in a weekly series too much for her, she now finds it an acceptable sacrifice. [/COLOR]

[COLOR= black]I'll watch the new series for her, Harmon on the other hand plays the same character over and over again so hopefully she'll try to stretch a little and try a new take. [/COLOR]

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
What's the ballpark for what she made getting second billing in the first two years of NCIS? (And then there's her husband and his family.) Couldn't she already be financially secure? A cable show also has a shorter season, and could be a better fit for her.

kiersten11

Auditioning
Real Name
Kiersten
I liked Kate too, she was great, but Ziva and Tony really have chemistry, that little extra something special.

Sasha Alexander is in a brand-new show now, so she seems to be fine

Originally Posted by Patrick_S

I have watched NCIS since it's spin-off from JAG, I still enjoy it and am looking for next season.

I liked the Kate character but I also like the Ziva character.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks