NCIS Season 2 & 3

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by EricTB, Jul 14, 2006.

1. EricTB

EricTB Stunt Coordinator

I read that season 2 of the show was coming out in September in region 2. I think it was region 2 though I might be wrong on that. Are their any possibilities that we might see it in region 1 soon? Same goes for season 3. I figure they usually like to release these seasons before the new season starts.

2. Jonny P

Jonny P Supporting Actor

Let's hope so...

This is one of my favorite shows.

I'd think that CBS Paramount would want to release these either before the upcoming season, or during the season...

3. Malcolm Cleugh

Malcolm Cleugh Second Unit

The rumour was that S2 is supposed to be released to tie into the S4 TV launch this Autumn in R1. In a similar way to another Paramount title Numbers although S2 of that has been officially announced already.

The UK R2 release for NCIS seems very tight by Paramount. S1 is due out next week 24th July to tie into the ending of the premiere S1 screening on free TV rather than pay TV here. Then S2 is due on the 4th September.
    Not sure if a 1 month gap will hold as seems very short.

4. Keith I

Keith I FoS

Keith
    WARNING: There is a SPOILER in the text description on the back cover for those who have not seen Season 2.

When looking at the large back cover shot at DVD Empire, I noticed two things:
    1. Season 3 has 5.1 surround sound (whereas Seasons 1 and 2 were 2.0)
    2. There is a very small notice that some episodes "may" be edited from their original network versions.
    The 5.1 surround is a nice addition even though the 2.0 sound was pretty good itself.

"May?" Why not say, "Some episodes have been edited from their original network versions." It sounds as if they don't know if they are edited or not. Also, this sounds like music replacement. There was no such notice like this on the previous two season sets.

[​IMG]

5. ravma

ravma Stunt Coordinator

Has anyone determined what has been edited on this release?

What is Paramount doing? Seriously. This JUST aired on TV last year, why in the world do they need to edit it?! Why aren't they getting the clearances they need during production?

6. Katherine_K

Katherine_K Second Unit

It doesn't appear to be edited that I can tell, this wouldn't be the first unedited release Paramount put a warning on if that was the case.