Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
We gonna get a new quote?

...and, Cagney/Wilder or not, yeah, it's a fairly obscure movie.

I can name a movie starring Richard Dreyfuss, Bob Hoskins and Veronica Cartwright I know of, very well known actors, but I bet nobody has ever heard of it.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
It’s a little obscure.
Not many are aware of it. I think the remake is more known.

I don't even think I'm aware of the remake but that's OK. I didn't mean to pick on you, David. I was just hoping for more easily identifiable movie quotes which would ultimately serve to introduce us all to films we weren't aware of and also to entertain. I should have considered the reality, which is, what's obscure to me may not be to you, others and vise versa.

We gonna get a new quote?

While I realize your question was directed towards David, I've been toying with a version of that question myself. Namely, "should we..." Based on this thread I've learned about some films I would like to see and some others that I may decide to skip but am at least now aware of. I never intended it to be a contest of who could provide the most difficult quote but it keeps veering that way for some reason. You guys decide. I'll follow the lead.

Last edited:

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I never intended it to be a contest of who could provide the most difficult quote but it keeps veering that way for some reason. You guys decide. I'll follow the lead.
I didn't try to do it that way. We could all make it impossibly difficult, but what's the fun in that? I kind of figured Body Snatchers was a tough one, which is why I didn't prolong it, but Brazil isn't exactly off the beaten path, for movie fans, and that line is kind of the culmination of the movie... until it isn't. There just isn't a very wide range of participants playing, unfortunately.

I didn't realize The Coca-Cola Kid was a remake of One, Two, Three.

My only input is, when someone reveals an un-guessed title, they need to post a new quote at the same time.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Brazil isn't exactly off the beaten path, for movie fans, and that line is kind of the culmination of the movie... until it isn't.

The term "movie fan" is so broad that I can't exactly agree with this statement although I do understand where you're coming from. I'd heard of "Brazil" but hadn't seen it and so I couldn't connect the quote. On the other hand, now I am inspired to see it [along with a few others mentioned in the thread] which was the ultimate point.

There just isn't a very wide range of participants playing, unfortunately.

I don't know. I see thousands of views but comparably few responses which is what made me suspect I wasn't the only one finding most of the quotes a bit difficult. As long as the quotes and answers keep moving, I really enjoy this sort of thing but that's just me. As it should be, the forum will ultimately decide.

My only input is, when someone reveals an un-guessed title, they need to post a new quote at the same time.

Agreed. I put it in the original "rules" but you know how that goes sometimes. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks