What's new

NAD or Yamaha (1 Viewer)

Robert BG

Auditioning
I've narrowed my choice down to the NAD T753 or the Yamaha RX-V2400. Any recomendations one way or the other.

Shannon S.

Stunt Coordinator
I own both a Nad and a Yamaha. I like the sound of the Nad more. The Yamaha is currently in the repair shop, but this may just be an isolated incidence. The Nad will have a warmer soundstage and the Yamaha will probably have more features. Both are nice.

MuneebM

Supporting Actor
my vote's for the Yamaha RX-V2400. Detailed, crisp sound. Very good surround field DSP.

Dan Driscoll

Supporting Actor
It depends on usage. If the system priority is HT performance, the Yamaha has a much more extensive feature set and it does do a decent job with music. OTOH, if music is the priority, IMO the NAD would be the choice. I think the NAD is much more musical than the Yamaha and has better amps.

FTR, I have never listened to these receivers in the same system and as always, YMMV.

Leo

Second Unit
Being an owner of both lines (former Yamaha RX-V995 and currently NADT163) I'd say get a chance to listen to both units, especially if you can borrow the Yamaha and NAD receivers. The NAD is wonderful with music. But it also does an excellent job with movie audio. Listen to both if you can and then decide.

peter.alamanos

Auditioning
I have a Nad T762 and I'm totally pleased with it both for music and movies. I wanted to warm up the sound a bit since my speakers tend to be on the bright side.

Cheers best of luck:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks