What's new

My 'Wega Calibration' Webpage?? (1 Viewer)

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
Just out of curiosity, how many folks here have used or recommended my webpage that describes Sony Wega Calibration? I created it over two years ago, and have made updates as current as Oct 2002. I used to receive non-stop e-mails about my article, but now, messages have dwindled. Every once in a while though, I receive positive e-mails from people who have used this article. The most recent e-mails are from people who want to know the parameter to disable red push on the newer generation wegas. Some still call me Chuckster. Anyway, has anyone seen or used my page??

Brandon_S

Second Unit
Chuck,

On occasion I will reference back to your site for all the useful info it provides! It has really helped me get my 27 inch Wega in great shape! Thanks!

Lanny_B

Second Unit
Will that work for when I get a Sony Grand Wega?
If so, I'm marking this thread so that I'll check back with it later. I've been wondering how to go about calibrating it to get the best picture. I bought DVE, but haven't had much to use it on yet.

Sounds like a great idea.

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor
I just took a look at it and am going to print it out for when I get my 27" Wega. If you ever decide to take it off the net for some reason let me know and I'll host it on my web space.

Clint B

Second Unit
I, too, have used it for my 2000 model 27" Wega. It's helped me adjust red push and oversqueeze. Thanks, Chuck!

wally

Second Unit
Thanks Chuck,

Just got a WEGA for the bedroom this Christmas. I'll calibrate tonight!

RobertCharlotte

Supporting Actor
I'm going to be in the market for a 32" TV soon, and if it winds up a WEGA, I'll definitely be back to your site to help me get it in order. Thanks!

douglas-b

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Douglas Berry
"If you save, then the changes will be there permanently." You can't just access the service menu again and put it back the way it was???

Lev-S

Second Unit
My 27" WEGA looks better than any other TV (DVD-wise) that I've seen in any of my friends' homes (including progressive scan systems, which mine isn't) simply because I've disabled red push, SVM, corrected geometry and color levels, and aligned the screen properly. People always comment on my TV when they come over to watch something. Size really is irrelevant when compared to quality.:emoji_thumbsup:

To see a dramatization... http://lev.8m.net/photo.html

Very bottom of the page

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
Lanny B...

I'm not sure if my instructions will help in your case, but the principles should help..i.e. use a calbration disc to set your levels and access the service menu to disable red push. You could probably use the same instructions for accessing the service menu, but once inside, I'm sure the parameters are much different than those found on Wega CRTs. Try hometheaterspot.com for lists of adjustable parameters for grand wegas.

douglas-b...

1) you could write down all the default settings and changes you made then go back and change them back to the default settings by pressing Muting followed by Enter.

2) However, the easiest way to reset values is to do a "service menu reset" which resets all the parameters back to default. This is accomplished by accessing the service menu then pressing 0 followed by Enter.

Ernest Yee

Supporting Actor
Hey - I just happened to be using my composite inputs yesterday and noticed that w/ these settings vs S-video, that the composite looked more natural.

What inputs were these calibrated under?

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor
Chuck, I used the website as a reference quite a bit when I first found this site (about a year before I joined). It certainly helped get all I could out of my Wega. I have since upgraded to an HD RPTV but I still have the Wega for video games and DVD's in the playroom. I had a 13" B/W TV when I was kid and now my kids have a better TV than most adults I know. Thanks Chuck for all the tips.

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
ernest...for S-video. Try reading small text and fine detail with composite, and you'll find it difficult.

mark...glad everything worked well!

Lanny_B

Second Unit
What do I need to have/use/do to calibrate a Sony Grand Wega III? I'd like to know how to get the best picture and color out of it that I can. Chuck C, I checked aroud hometheaterspot a little bit, but I'm not familiar with that site very well and couldn't find anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks