What's new

My theater finally complete (almost) (1 Viewer)

Bob Black

Stunt Coordinator
I've just updated my website with new pictures which show my theater nearly complete. I still need to get a nice motorized curtain and antique popcorn maker, and finish a few minor cosmetic items. I'll post screen shots soon. Thanks for all the great ideas.
Link Removed

Bob Black

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the nice comments. Yeah Greg, the Disney Classics are within arm's reach of my 3 year-old daughter. Problem is she has developed a tendency of pulling them off the shelf! She also likes to dance on the stage beneath the screens. Oh well, kids will be kids.

Darren Mortensen

Stunt Coordinator
Bob and Family,
Congratulations on a job well done. Very professional, yet not over done. Style is superb! You have done a fanstasic room> May you and your family enjoy it for years to come!!!:emoji_thumbsup:

Bob Black

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Darren. My brother basically created the entire room, from the framing right up to the finished product! Of course, the Cineloungers from First Impressions helped;)

Dave Getson

Stunt Coordinator
It looks great, Bob!! How are the Irwin Embassador chairs? I got a catalog from them a couple weeks ago and those chairs really caught my eye. Are they as comfy as they look?

Bob Black

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Dave. They are actually "Ambassador" chairs - my brother had a typo in the website. These are the chairs in the back row. They are very comfortable, are bolted to the stage, and rock somewhat - but they don't recline. The chairs in the front row are the really great seats. They're from First Impressions and they are called Cineloungers. The Ambassador chairs from Irwin Seating cost about $950 each retail, and the Cineloungers are about $2000 each! I recommend both for a home theater.

Bob Black

Stunt Coordinator
I just added a few screenshots to my website. And just in time for the upcoming release of Episode 2. Hope you like the pictures.

Bob Black

Stunt Coordinator
STILL MORE screenshots added! I love this megapixel camera! I've got some original Star Wars Trilogy pictures up now - straight from the LD remasters (Is it 2005 yet?)

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Very nice HT Bob! I am envious as hell! You spent as much on one of your seats as I intend to spend on my next TV Set!

Time to go play the lottery...

Ric

Larry Mazer

Auditioning
Bob. Great job. Just curious. I am building my own theater and want 4 chairs across like yours. How wide is your room and is it enough? How long?

Bob Black

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Larry. My HT room is about 25 feet wide and about 30 feet long. The front row of chairs is approximately 13 feet wide, including the center console. The rear row of chairs is somewhat less - about ten feet wide.

The front chairs are Cinelongers from "First Impressions" in Florida, and the rear chairs are "Ambassador" seats from "Irwin Seating" out of Toronto, Canada.

I just added some screenshots from "The Lion King" laserdisc box-set, and many more are in the works! Thanks for all the nice comments.

Larry Mazer

Auditioning
Thanks Bob for the quick reply. You are most fortunate to have such a large room. As for me my HT will be about 17'-18' wide by 40' long. Due to this size I plan on making it a recreation/gaming/HT room. Based on what you wrote I can use the chairs you have with a few feet on either side left over. A tight squeeze but doable I hope. If you know of any charis that take up a little less width, please let me know.

Again, Thanks.

Bob Black

Stunt Coordinator
Larry, I just happen to know of a company in Boston, Massachusetts selling five beautiful, black leather cinema recliners from Acoustic Innovations! I don't know if you are in the New England area, but the company is Environmental Technology Center on Border Street in East Boston. They have 5 chairs (2 in front row with a center console - 3 in back row) they are selling for $4000 which is a steal if you have any idea what theater chairs of this calibre sell for! They are also selling their entire Dwin System 3 with CRT projector and trans-scanner multiplier. Email me if you are interested, or call them directly and ask for David Schulman. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks