What's new

My SVS is Ruining my picture!!! (1 Viewer)

RobP

Stunt Coordinator
I am listning to "smack my bitch" up from Prodigy and every time the bass hits the tv picture pulsates! Not the external screen but the actual picture slightly is pulsating. Not terribly but I see it. I have a toshiba 32a40. I dont know whether to be upset with the tv or smile at the svs.
frown.gif

Rob

Guy Kuo

Supporting Actor
If you don't solve the problem, I'm sure someone here would be willing to "store" them for you.

Dale_S

Stunt Coordinator
Rob,
If this is a problem that occurs with other material with high-energy bass, you may want to investigate the power feeds which supply the sub and the tv. If they happen to be on the same circuit then it's likely that the excessive current draw during a high-energy bass section might be causing a 'mini-brownout'. This most certainly could affect the picture in the tv, as could magnetic interference if the sub is placed too close to the set.
If both the sub and the tv are on the same power circuit, then try moving one of them to a different feed or even better, obtain a line conditioner/UPS for your gear. This will help protect your equipment from other electrical nasties as well.
But most importantly, keep exercising that sub!! I can't wait for the day that I can afford to get myself one of these bad boys. It makes me jealous every time I see SVS mentioned. :)
------------------
View My DVD Collection
Dale S. aka Frustrated (with Denon) in Calgary

AaronNWilson

Second Unit
I have the very same thing happening to my TV with my paradigm servo 15. I think Ill try the different circuit thing tomorrow.
Aaron

RobP

Stunt Coordinator
Unfortunatly, I have no space to move the sub further from the tv. I'll give another circuit a try or maybe i'll try a line conditioner. Thanks for the feedback.
Rob
[Edited last by RobP on October 13, 2001 at 10:29 AM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks