1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

My SVS is Ruining my picture!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by RobP, Oct 12, 2001.

1. RobP

RobP Stunt Coordinator

I am listning to "smack my bitch" up from Prodigy and every time the bass hits the tv picture pulsates! Not the external screen but the actual picture slightly is pulsating. Not terribly but I see it. I have a toshiba 32a40. I dont know whether to be upset with the tv or smile at the svs. [​IMG]
    Rob

2. John Geelan

John Geelan Screenwriter

Wow, thats some sub. It really is smacking the bitch!
    JohnG [​IMG]
    ------------------

3. PaulKH

PaulKH Second Unit

RobP, maybe your floor isn't very stiff and needs reinforcing.

4. Guy Kuo

Guy Kuo Supporting Actor

If you don't solve the problem, I'm sure someone here would be willing to "store" them for you.

5. Dale_S

Dale_S Stunt Coordinator

Rob,
    If this is a problem that occurs with other material with high-energy bass, you may want to investigate the power feeds which supply the sub and the tv. If they happen to be on the same circuit then it's likely that the excessive current draw during a high-energy bass section might be causing a 'mini-brownout'. This most certainly could affect the picture in the tv, as could magnetic interference if the sub is placed too close to the set.
    If both the sub and the tv are on the same power circuit, then try moving one of them to a different feed or even better, obtain a line conditioner/UPS for your gear. This will help protect your equipment from other electrical nasties as well.
    But most importantly, keep exercising that sub!! I can't wait for the day that I can afford to get myself one of these bad boys. It makes me jealous every time I see SVS mentioned. [​IMG]
    ------------------
    View My DVD Collection
    Dale S. aka Frustrated (with Denon) in Calgary

6. AaronNWilson

AaronNWilson Second Unit

I have the very same thing happening to my TV with my paradigm servo 15. I think Ill try the different circuit thing tomorrow.
    Aaron

7. RobP

RobP Stunt Coordinator

Unfortunatly, I have no space to move the sub further from the tv. I'll give another circuit a try or maybe i'll try a line conditioner. Thanks for the feedback.
    Rob
    [Edited last by RobP on October 13, 2001 at 10:29 AM]