please help this newbie!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Robin Wingo, Apr 28, 2002.

1. Robin Wingo

Robin Wingo Extra

hi everyone i have caught the upgrade bug i can not believe it. i am using a denon 3802 with 3 pairs of b&w dm303 a lcr3 and the asw1000. i wanted to upgrade the mains but any suggestions then later i will buy a svs 20-39pci. it is amazing that i started less than a year ago with a 19`tv 2 pairs of cerwin-vega and that center channel that ruined my picture with cheap interconnects and wiring, with the denon 1601 receiver to go with my apex dvdplayer for 69.00. thanks to everyone on this board!!!

2. Jason_Els

Jason_Els Screenwriter

I think it would help a lot if you could tell us just what you're interested in upgrading to. There are, happily, many excellent speakers out there but they could range from micros to seven foot towers. Budgetary concerns could help guide recommendations too. What is your music/HT listening split? Room considerations? Spouse acceptance factor? Just plain bias? Let us know so we can help!

Thanks!

3. Gil D

Gil D Supporting Actor

Look at B&W 600 Series. 601-S3 should be a significant step up from the 303. I assume you have a local B&W dealer that will let you take home a new combo to test drive at home over the weekend. Most have a tradeup program and there's not much to lose on tradeup (vs private sale) until you get above the 600 series bookshelfs.