What's new

My sub saga... (1 Viewer)

Al_Swanson

Agent
or how I learned to stop worrying and love my M&K MX-5000.

I started out my journey with a 750THX setup including the 1250 sub. That sub was great in my smaller room (3800 cu ft) but couldn't cut it in the new house with over 5000 cu ft. I traded up to my SVS 20-39PC. For better than a year, that sub has served as my reference through EPM, the Haunting and everything else I threw at it.
It wasn't without issues, had a loose board in the amp (promptly replaced by Tom/Ron and co.) and the driver reached excursion numerous times in EPM and a couple others. It set off car alarms in my neighbors driveway and prompted calls from other neighbors a street away - so it provided plenty of oooompph.
Then I got the chance to review - and then buy - a M&K MX-5000. My god. Watched the Haunting last night for reference. The difference is measurable and magnificent. The sound is deeper, without any hint of stress or strain. The best way for me to put it is it's smooooth. My SVS always sounded a tad boomy - but I think it's the room, not the sub. The room sucks for HT, really.
So, no questions, no requests. Just my story. :)

Joseph_ P

Stunt Coordinator
2800.00 BUX I SHOULD HOPE IT WOULD PERFORM BETTER DUDE!!!!!
THAT MUST SOUND PRETTY AWESOME,ENJOY.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oussa13
Recent bookmarks