What's new

My roommate's new Klipsch's. need some info (1 Viewer)

Dan_D

Stunt Coordinator
howdy folks,
My roommate just got a seemingly great deal on some speakers for our HT. He got a Klipsch KV2, KG5s, and KG2.5s w/ some nice heavy metal speaker stands for $255+30 shipping off ebay. He just got em in and theyre in good shape and all play great.
Can anyone give me some info on these speaks? I think they were made in '94, but id like to know for sure. Also what was teh MSRP on these and what are they worth today? They all got great reviews on audioreview.com so we went for em. For $300 i didnt think we could lose. Howd we do?
thanks
------------------

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
http://www.klipsch.com/index.asp?pat...=y&id=&line=&1
(Edit: the link goes to the main page. Click on Home Audio and then Classic.)
It sounds, sorry for the pun, like you got a great deal. Check out the link above. It goes to the Classic section of the Klipsch website.
I have a pair of 1985 Kg-4's that are just amazing. I also have a pair of 1991 Kg-3's in another room that are great too. I paid roughly double what your roommate did and I didn't get the center channel or stands. Ebay can be a great thing sometimes.
Klipsch on!
------------------
You want to upgrade again?!!
[Edited last by Jim_C on July 13, 2001 at 02:37 PM]

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
I noticed my great uncle had some Klipsch KG4.2 or 4.3 a while ago. He got them at a garage sale and didn't even know they were great speakers (has a Toshiba TV powering them). I did some looking an found a list price for them of almost $800 USD if I remember correctly. So I'd guess (this is a big guess) you have $1500 to $2000 USD at earily 1990 list prices.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks