What's new

My Mother has Just Discovered TV-On-DVD (1 Viewer)

LizH

Second Unit
Not too long ago, my mother bought a DVD player (She has to be the world's first 65-year-old Adam Sandler fan ... don't ask me why. :rolleyes:)

Anyhoo ... she's now discovered TV-on-DVD. She has DVDs of "The Lucy Show" and "The Beverley Hillbillies". :)

Anyone else have anything to share? ;)

Deb Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
My 77 year old mother and 95 year old grandmother both enjoy watching the old Dean Martin show on DVD. I've subscribed to it so we can all watch the show together (I'm 47).

I know as some of these old variety shows are released on DVD I'll be buying them not only for myself and the nostalgia factor, but for them as well. I'm thinking that Burns and Allen might be a good purchase sometime soon.

LizH

Second Unit
I only found out about The Beverly Hillbillies today. She got it out of the $10 DVD bin at Big Lots (a closeout store, for everyone outside of the USA.)

She doesn't seem to be all that picky. It's now more-or-less shaping up to be "The Best of the Bargain Bin", so to speak. ;)

I don't know how much she's into Carson (She very rarely watched late-night TV.) As for Bob Hope, if she can get it for 10 bucks in the Bargain Bin, I'm sure she'll snatch up him as well. :D

Don't get me wrong: she WILL spend money on something she likes (she has "Finding Nemo" :emoji_thumbsup:, "Lost In Translation", and "Shrek".)

As a rule, she's not much into sci-fi. Most of the sci-fi that comes in is stuff that I'VE rented first ("Batman Returns" put her to sleep! :frowning: )

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Thanks David, for this "TiYL" heads-up. :emoji_thumbsup:

I was hoping to find that 1 of those 18 TiYL eps. would be the November 1972 episode with baseball great Johnny Bench (which was taped right at home plate at Cincinnati's Riverfront Stadium immediately after the Reds defeated the San Diego Padres by a score of 6-3 on 09/16/72 :)).

The Johnny Bench episode features what I would guess is Ralph Edwards'
youngest-ever TiYL participant. Johnny was only 24 when that was taped/filmed.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I've noticed Petticoat Junction in a two pack with I think Dick Van Dyke, but I am not sure, in the Wal-Mart Bargain Bins for 5.50.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks