What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

My Month of Horror/Halloween Viewings (1 Viewer)

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
Every year I do month long Horror and Halloween films in October. Thought some here would like to see what I am watching and my thoughts on the films...

I do my best to keep what I write spoiler free so I tend to talk very little about what happens in the film and leave it to how I felt watching it.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
089859820021f.jpg
Dark Night of the Scarecrow (1981/United States)
IMDb |Wikipedia |Trailer |
DVDLogo.png
VCI Entertainment, Wizan Film Properties (United States)
Director: Frank De Felitta
Writing: J. D. Feigelson [J.D. Feigelson] (Screenwriter), J. D. Feigelson [J.D. Feigelson] (Story By), Butler Handcock (Story By)
Length: 97 min.
Video: Full Frame 1.33:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, English: Dolby Digital: Mono, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: English, Spanish
Stars:
Charles Durning as Otis P. Hazelrigg
Robert F. Lyons as Skeeter Norris
Claude Earl Jones as Philby
Lane Smith as Harless Hocker
Tonya Crowe as Marylee Williams

Plot:
When young Marylee Williams (Tonya Crowe) is found viciously mauled, all hell breaks loose in her small rural town. Officious Postmaster Otis P. Hazelrigg (Charles Durning) leads a gang of bigots in pursuit of the suspect; her mentally challenged friend Bubba Ritter (Larry Drake). Finding him hiding inside a scarecrow, they exact brutal mob "justice"...only to discover a tragic mistake! Now a strange apparition stalks the land seeking each of them out, as the legend of the Scarecrow begins.

Extras:
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers

My Thoughts:

This is a TV Movie from the '80s that I somehow missed this one when it originally aired. I found this one to be a very good movie. It has great atmosphere. The cast... with a lot of familiar faces... did a wonderful job. I can easily see this film become a Halloween tradition. Highly recommended.

Rating:
stars_30_7.png

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
This thread should be merged with the other one since that one was started first.

So what did you think of North By Northwest? You should update that thread and post your review there in the thread you started.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
Certainly ok by me... I can move my reviews to that one if you all prefer. I just knew I wasn't planning on following strictly to the "rules" listed in that thread and know some places are funny about that sort of thing.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Certainly ok by me... I can move my reviews to that one if you all prefer. I just knew I wasn't planning on following strictly to the "rules" listed in that thread and know some places are funny about that sort of thing.
Eh, the rules kinda left the Scary Movie Challenge a few years ago. :) It's something of a free for all with people watching a horror themed episode of a sitcom or watching Mystery Science Theater 3000 and counting it because Joel & the bots are watching a horror movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prexhobby
Recent bookmarks