What's new

My Mit's is not capable of 480P (1 Viewer)

Michael Varacin

Stunt Coordinator
I just confirmed with a Mit's tech that my WS-73903 can not take a component input from a progressive DVD player. WTF?

Can anyone here with a first generation Mit's confirm or deny this? I just bought a RP-82, but won't be able to try this progressive player on the set for a least a month due to my traveling. I currently only have an interlaced player, a Pioneer DV-05. I was so excited about this until now.

Mit's response was - "You have to upgrade to new technology." Upgrade? They call having to buy a new 73" TV an upgrade? Ha.

John Royster

Screenwriter
I thought there was a trick to get the xx903 models to display 480p.

You might want to check hometheaterspot.com forum.

Just double checked. Yes you can use the service menu to switch between 480p and 480i.

Michael Varacin

Stunt Coordinator
John,

Thanks...you're a life saver. I'll expand my search some more. So I can order a service manual, and switch it?

Edit- Never mind...I did a bunch more searching, and have some info. It's a little more difficult then I would like, but possible. It seems like I am the only one here with one of these older sets. Odd.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks