What's new

My Little Eye & Boat Trip open in UK cinemas, too crap for US? Any news on DVD dates? (1 Viewer)

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
Just wondered why these 2 films are getting so much advertising/attention in the UK when they're not even scheduled for a theatrical release in the USA.

I must admit if Boat Trip is as cheesy as Cuba's recent comedies, I'd have expected it to be a video only release worldwide.

My Little Eye has had a decent reception so far though.

Are they gonna be straight to video & DVD in the USA & if so, when can we expect an announcement?

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
Mark Kermode was praising My Little Eye on Newsnight last night saying it's ability to scare through audio was some of the best since Eraserhead.
I think the reason it may have come out in the UK first is because it's directed by the Welsh director Marc Evans but it's getting dubbed the new Blair Witch and is getting rave reviews, making a mockery of reality TV like Big Brother.
It has an MPAA rating according to it's Link Removed so I guess it will come out but it's not something I'd got to the cinema to see.
Lets hope it goes straight to video in the US and pretty soon too.

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
Barbershop said:
Getting an MPAA rating doesn't necessarily mean it'll come out theatrically. Many straight-to-video films get rated in order to please video stores who want to stock rated titles.
DJ

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
Damin, when I said come out, I meant on video as I thought the reason it would have a rating but no scheduled cinema release could only mean they had plans for it somehow.

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
weird, My Little Eye has entered the UK box office top ten at ## & Boat Trip at #6, both above One Hour Photo at #7 which has been getting TONS of publicity.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks