What's new
World Wide Stereo

My journey towards a Full House of Klipsch Speakers starts here! 34 in total. (1 Viewer)

728x90

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
That was adorable. I would totally come over and watch movies. Also, now I want Klipsch speakers in my "just now being rebuilt" house.

When my wife gets mad at the amount of money I'm about to suggest spending, I will link to your video.

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
As an addendum, I was able to finagle a Klipsch setup without an argument. Believe it or not, the missus (who thinks "good sound" comes out of her phone) was totally sold on getting a Lovesac system with Harman Kardon built in speakers. Admittedly, it sounded pretty great in the store. We priced it out and while expensive, she was like "I can feel the bass in my butt!" :laugh::laugh:

Side note: we lost our house in a fire in November of 2020. The settlement allowed us to create the house of our dreams within the same square footage (note to everyone: CHECK YOUR INSURANCE POLICY).

Anyway we had to wait to order because they're in stock locally and it would only be a week before delivery. The house wasn't gonna be ready for another month and a half. Then we lost the sale price. Without a discount, the final price jumped to a whopping $9,800.00!

Insurance or no insurance, the blood drained from my face. My wife nearly lost her lunch.

I admit, I'm no audiophile. I consider a Fluance RT85 a top of the line turntable while the real audio buffs consider it a "good starter unit." No matter how great a system can possibly sound, I'm 54 with tinnitus. After a certain point, the details are lost on me (anyone who even thinks of showing me a waveform image to illustrate the differences will get blocked). For the speakers and modular couch, I feel that was over the top pricewise. I love my H/K car stereo set up, but jeez. So, I did some research and some math.

I found a larger couch with reclining sections at Raymour and Flannigan for $2000. This is less a Man Cave and more a "second living room."

With that budgeted, I found the Klipsch 5.1 Atmos set up I wanted. And then upgraded an additional level. $3000 for speakers and receiver. The reviews were the tipping point. So was the cost.

Half the price. With a little wiggle room for add ons. Besides, I still need to replace my Fluance...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twinkletoes
Recent bookmarks