What's new

My home HTPC adventure (1 Viewer)

Dustin-S

Auditioning
Well, it's been a bumpy ride so far but I have all the basic functionality up and working. I have the following hardware in my system.

Soyo KT400 Dragon Ultra Motherboard with SP-DIF output
AMD 2200+ CPU
512 MB PC2700 RAM
Nvidia Gforce Ti-4200 Video card
Pinnacle Playtv-pro tv card.
Toshiba sd-w2002 dvd burner.
pj-550 multimedia projector.
All sound output is routed through my Sony STR-DE-1075 digital reciever through the spdif optical output from the motherboard.

software has been the biggest bugger in this configuration. For tv i use a program that came with the tv card called Showshifter. It works pretty good but ive been having some issues with the tv card audio. It seems that the audio from the card wants to come out of the computer through the standard audio jack and not thru the spdif optical connector like all the other audio from the system... still working on it.

Dvd is incredible played from my burner. Originally I wanted to use an external sony dvd player routed in through svideo and optical cables into the computer but the video quality was horrible, so i eliminated the external player and just use the computers dvd player instead.

I got a large piece of material off of ebay for my projection screen and am going to have it mounted and framed when i get everything set out perfectly and get an exact size measured out for how big i want picture to be.

I also went down to the local Z- gallerie and got a coffee table with a shelf below it where all of my components are going. the only thing i am short right now is a full atx flat case to put my computer in. all of the nice ones ive seen have been micro- atx only.

i'll post more later when i have fixed a few minor config issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks