What's new

My Grand Theft Auto Vice City won't work. (1 Viewer)

My Grand Theft Auto Vice City won't work.Every time I play this game in six minutes it will say error reading Grand Theft Auto Vice City DVD. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do?

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
It could also be the console. Try out some CDs, DVDs, or other PS2 games (both CD and DVD based ones).

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
I had the exact same problem a couple of days ago. It turned out to be a bad disc. I just exchanged it for a new one. It was the first time I've ever had a bad disc on any system.

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
it will say error reading Grand Theft Auto Vice City DVD
It doesn't say exactly that, does it? Or does it just say 'disc read error?' Morgan has a good point; it might be the console.

I am an embittered 'disc read error' veteran, so if you experience this problem with more discs, I definitely have advice.

~joseph

I have already got a new ps2 because my old one did not work it played cds and ps1 games but no dvd format discs. I am sure that my game says that because I have tried to play before but it did not work.

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
It doesn't say exactly that, does it?
Mine did. The game would load perfectly, but anywhere for 5-45 minutes later it would lockup in the middle of play and say "Error reading Grand Theft Auto Vice City DVD" at the bottom of the screen.

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
So the message would appear on the GTAVC screen (not the PS2 menu screen)? In that case, it probably is the disc.

Now that you guys mention it, on two ocassions, my GTAVC game locked up in the middle of gameplay for no apparent reason; it just froze. But it hasn't been rampant enough for me to start worrying seriously yet.

~j

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks