What's new
World Wide Stereo

My basement Home Theatre in progress (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Charlie Etzel

Thism is on the other side of my basement, you can look back towards the The enetrtainment system from the opposite side of the billiard table. The TV can swivel within the wall so it can be directly from the billiard table while playing pool.

I have a long way to go and am going to replace my current 10 year old sony with Emotiva UMC-1 and a UPA-7. I will also need a sub to go along with my paradigms.

I will have Lutron Lighting that will dim the lights when I push button on my Sony Remote to play a movie.

Nathan Stohler

Second Unit
Real Name
Nathan Stohler
It may be too late by now, but you might consider allowing more room for your built-ins. Built-ins look great, but if you build them so that your current equipment fits perfectly, you may have extra work later if/when you change your equipment. I realize you probably don't want to have to redo your drywall work, but my suggestion would be to have one large built-in underneath the TV where you could put your PCs, audio equipment, media, etc. I think it would look much cleaner than having several small, specially-sized niches. I would also either go with in-wall speakers, or just pull your current speakers out of the wall and install speaker terminal wall plates.

These are just suggestions. You may not agree, or you may be too far along to want to make changes.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Looks nice. I do agree with Nathan's suggestion about allowing more room. Better to tweak the drywall now then after you tape and texture. Besides that Emotiva gear will be here before you know it!

I will have Lutron Lighting that will dim the lights when I push button on my Sony Remote to play a movie.

Good call. The Lutron Spacer remote control dimmers are the best bang for the buck in theater accessories!

Real Name
Charlie Etzel
Thanks for the information, I now have a Emotiva UPA-5. I opted for this instead of the UPA-7 and have orderd the UMC 1 and it will be here within a day or two, Fortunatly I left room behind the sheetrock to modify the space for the Amp and Processor. I am also looking at the Emotiva Ultra Sub 12 as my next purchase.

Are there any better Subs out there for the money ? I like the fact that this sub has balanced Inputs. Do you think that this will be a good choice to go with my Paradigms ?

I will remove the sony receiver and use it it in another location, I plan to keep the sony 400 disc CD player to basically store some CDs in and this will let me access them easily. I plan to also add a Emotiva ERC-1 and the USP-1 Stereo Preamp later along with the XPA-2 amp for CD and Itunes listening.

I was thinking of using wall plates to hook up the speakers but the spaekers looked funny when they were in front of the walls with everything else being flush. So will opt to put trim around them and put a decorative door in front of the PC,maybe a sliding door to move to the left when using the eqipment and will slide back to the right when not using. I really like having my equipment at eye level, I never understood why people put there equipement in a rack close to the floor ? Makes no sense to me ?

I should have some more pictures soon and now have a color picked out for the room, Sort of a golden yellow mustard color. I tried it on one of the walls that is complete on the back side of the room and it looks great. I am using 1/4 plywood for the ceiling whick a plan to stain the same color as the pool table and trim around the eqipment and TV.

I have been working on this for about a year now, and actually have spent alot more money on Building Supplies so this has held me up up on making equipment purchaces. Cant wait to get the UMC-1 and hear how my Paradigms really sound even though I have not decided on a Sub yet ?

Charlie

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuperMarty88
Recent bookmarks