What's new
World Wide Stereo

My B4+ will arrive tomorrow, I cant wait. (1 Viewer)

The title says it all, my B4+ will be delivered tomorrow, and I will post my thoughts with some pictures too. It will be replacing a Martin Logan Descent subwoofer.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

JohnSmith

Supporting Actor
Do you think active B4 Plus's would sell?- perhaps with two options...1KW and 2KW amp modules..and maybe upgradeable/removeable EQ board (say from the 1st gen single band EQ, to 6 band EQ, fully automatic calibration 10 band etc)

Mike SJ

Supporting Actor
what did you do with your Martin Logan sub?
or what are you gonna do with it?

The sub arrived yesterday, and I have got the sub setup and im experimenting on placement. This is a phenomal subwoofer for the money. The fit and finish is first rate, and the sound is incredible. It easily beats the Martin Logan Descent with tons of low frequencies, I have all the ports open and Im using a qsc 2450 which is 2400 watts bridged mono. I chose the pickled panel color. I have already sold the Martin Logan and it was a decision I will NOT regret. I will post a more in depth review in the near future as soon as I get it setup and calibrated, as well as post some pictures.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Hi Richard,

Congratulations on your new purchase. The B4+ upgrade has to be a major new tweak for you? I have three db drivers going for me, so I cant contemplate you not being in awe of what the 4+ will do for you in the lower freq's.

If you decide to sell the 2450 in the future please give me a PM. You most likely will not want to but I am sort of keeping my eye open for one. Those QSC's are built like a tank and can take a heavy 2 ohm load off of each channel if called upon.

Simon Brown

Stunt Coordinator
Well done Richard you will love what the B4+ brings to your HT. I've had mine for just over 3 months and all I can say is WOW. I had some issues with the Crown K1 which I'm sending back to SVS, who are fantastic to deal with. I'm running a local amp Quest QA3000 2100 Watts Bridged and it's flawless. I recently watched Matrix Revolutions and I'm absolutly amazed how effortless the bass is. I currently have 2 ports plugs in as I found it to sound the best for my situation. If you have them try the Jurrassic Park series and when you have recovered from those then try Titan A.E. I'm currently hanging for Master and Commander which apparantly has some incredible bass. Anyway hope your new toy pleases you as it has me and many others and welcome to the SVS club:emoji_thumbsup:

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
The Titan AE Ice Ring chapter is still unmatched, imho, for a bass demo. It's just ridiculous! :)

ArtH

Stunt Coordinator
Richard

Could you post a couple pics of the B4 today....Pickeled panel was one of the colours I was debating and I want to let SVS know today,,,

Thanks

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Richard

Could you post a couple pics of the B4 today....Pickeled panel was one of the colours I was debating and I want to let SVS know today,,,

Thanks
__________________________________________________ _________

Good luck in getting another post out of Richard this weekend.;) I wonder what he could be up to with a brand-new B4-PLUS??

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Richard:

If you don't have any place to host pictures of your sub send them to me and I will put them up on the server.

Parker

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
Richard Goode,

Congrats on choosing the SVS B-4+ over that really way overpriced "high-end" audio woofer. Am green with envy!

I sure like to get one of 'em baby B-4+s to complement my SVS 16-46 octet subs...'cus I not only wish to roil the swiming pool waters...but also create sysmic tremors in the town where I reside! :D One of these days...

-THTS

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks