What's new

My 1000th career post!!! It took awhile... (1 Viewer)

Stacy Huff

Second Unit
First, I'd like to thank the Academy. Thanks Mom and Dad, I have to thank the producers...
Anyway, I figured that for this milestone post I'd do something good, but really, I have nothing much to say. Here's a funny website that I like, try it out:
http://oddtodd.com/
I also wanted to say that I've put up new pictures of my theater. I just sent them off to Parker and Ron, so it will be awhile before they are up, but please check them out and let me know what you think. Click on the little green house. Everything has changed since the last time I submitted pictures. After I got home from Argentina last spring my mother came up to help me get my house in order before my new girlfriend arrived. She was supposed to visit about two weeks after I got home. Thank goodness she couldn't get her passport renewed fast enough, because it turns out getting things in order was a bigger project than we thought. What started as a little investigation to see what was under my carpet turned into an all-out mission to rip the carpet out of the entire first floor of my house. (To put things in perspective, when the carpet was new, my bet is that 8-track was king.) I went with hardwood floors, and we painted the paneling a color that I think is called mocha. I would call it a whitish-brown. I ended up liking things so much better, and the best part is the dust accumulation went way down once the carpet was out of the house. Of course, I worried that the hard floors and hard walls might be a problem, but not to worry. Things didn't become too reflective, plus the area rug and curtains probably tame things down a bit.
Another big change can be found in the corner. My buddy came and took his Definitive Technology PowerField 1500 back, which I had expected for some time. I had at one time thought I would replace it with another Def Tech, but after reading so much about SVS, I added the 20-39PC to my corner, and can honestly say that for the first time I heard real, true bass. The Def Tech isn't even in the same league. I never posted my own review because, well, everybody else had already said all that needed to be said. I will say that the SVS is the hands-down best bang-for-the-buck investment I've ever made in my HT, and it just got better with the announcement of the upgrade driver. Thanks Ron and TomV!!!
On a more serious note, I've found that the best part of my home theater is being able to share the experience with somebody, so a big thumbs up to Viviana! Immigration, visas and passports, not to mention airline tickets, limit the amount of time that we can be together, but all I can say is that having her around to watch movies with me increases the enjoyment more than anything else I could add as an upgrade. I guess she is the ultimate upgrade. And thanks to the people who make DVD's with subtitles and alternate soundtracs. It certainly comes in handy for us.
Well, that's enough. On to 2000. Looking to get there by 2004!

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Third! Congrats Stacy!
Great to have ya on the forum! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks