What's new

MX-500 Favorite Channels. (1 Viewer)

Ross Williams

Supporting Actor
Just bought this fabulous remote, finally putting the 6 others I had away. Very easy to program, I had it completely set up in an hour. The only thing I was wondering about, was if there was a way to change the favorite channels on that feature? I couldn't figure out any way to edit the names. It'd be nice to be able to put my actual favorite channels on the list, instead of their preset ones. (Weather Channel, yech! And I don't have HBO.) Does anybody know if this is possible?

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
Ross, I guess I'm confused.

You edit the names of the Favorites the same way you do the other LCD labels...press and hold the Main button and the ENT button at the same time until you get the setup menu. Press Edit and then the FAV button and edit your 5 character designations.

The actual remote control macro commands of each FAV button can come from one device only (per FAV LCD button.) The only buttons that can be used are 0 thru 9, Power, System Off, DIS, ENT and the Pause/Info button.

Hope this helps...

Ross Williams

Supporting Actor
Chuck, I swear I tried that, but when I go to edit it only brings up the different system controls: DVD, TV, etc... no favs. I'll look again though. It's not that big of a deal.. just thought since I was setting it all up, I'd set up everything.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
yep, you can DEFINITELY label your fave buttons - i've done it on my own mx-500.

but it's been a while...however i need to now that i have directv.

maybe i'll try tonight - i'll let ya know.

PaulT

Supporting Actor
I have done mine as per the Manual:

Hold Main/Ent together.
Hit Edit
Hit Fav button
Hit the button you wish to edit (or page to it and hit it).
Edit the label.
Hit the button again to confirm the changes. Saved flashes.
Hit Main, Main, Main and you should be done.

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
I tested it on my 500 and it worked ok for me too. The key to this is hitting the FAV button once you enter the EDIT mode. The FAV lcd labels won't show otherwise...

Ross Williams

Supporting Actor
Thanks guys, I got it to work. I swear I already tried it, but I've been known to have been wrong in the past. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks