What's new

MX-500 caused my H/K 120 not to work... help! (1 Viewer)

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
I just got my MX-500 today and I used it to set up my H/K AVR120 receiver. Well, after I learned all the commands from the original H/K remote, everything worked fine. Then all of a sudden the H/K wouldn't respond to any command. Even the original remote won't work on the receiver. Does anyone have any clue whats going on?

MikeSRC

Second Unit
That's very odd. Have you tried unplugging the receiver for about 3 minutes, then plugging it back in to see if that clears the problem?

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
Yes, I tried that. I even reset the whole receiver to factory defaults and nothing has changed. It won't respond to any remote commands. I don't understand, it worked fine before the MX-500. :frowning:

MikeSRC

Second Unit
Call Home Theater Master at 1-800-901-0800 and ask to speak to Mike Gifford. Tell him your problem and he may be able to help.

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
Well, I left the receiver unplugged all night and it seemed to be working this morning with the original remote, although very very sluggish. My next plan of action is to put new batteries in the original remote and then re-learn the commands into the MX-500. Hopefully this will work. If it stops working again I'll call HTM. Thanks for your help Mike.

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
Well, for some reason its working now, I still don't understand what happened. Thanks for the help.:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks