What's new

Music Video Shows (1 Viewer)

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
A couple of shows I'd like to see,released on,dvd would be the music video shows Friday Night Videos and Solid Gold(though Solid Gold was more so a musical variety show,with the odd video shown,every now and then).I have fond memories of these shows,from my childhood.I can remember catching the new,hot video by many popular,and not so popular,artists/bands "back in the day" on FNV,a few years before Much Music came on the air,here in Canada.I can also remember the funny videos of people lip-synching to various songs on SG and,of course,the SG dancers.However,if these were to be released,I'd say they'd be released in "best of" discs since seasons of shows like this,were different than the seasons of regular shows.

AndrewCrossett

Second Unit
Friday Night Videos...that was the one with Lisa Robinson hosting, wasn't it?

I've never understood why there aren't any DVD compilations of early-80's, classic MTV-style videos. Most of those videos are impossible to find. The ones you can find are mostly only available as (illegal) downloads on p2p networks.

There are tons of 80's music CD compilations out there, so licensing can't be that much of a problem.

Another thing I always wanted to see was a DVD that simply shows the first 4 hours or so of MTV as it originally aired in 1981...videos, VJ segments, even commercials.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

There are plenty of them. Check out the music section of any DVD store. Under "Various".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks