What's new

Music or Movies?? Which format do you like the best with the use of your sub?? (1 Viewer)

Martice

Screenwriter
I'm a music guy first but when I'm in the mood for a movie, I'm in the mood for a movie and that's it.

I use my sub with music and movies. I was forced to EQ and calibrate my system to where it worked for both audio & video. I calibrated my sub for music first and when it's movie time, I use my processor that is totally separate in design from my 2-channel system which is all hooked up to my Sony T-AP9000es. This allows me to make adjustments to my processor (bass wise) for movies and at the same time, not have it affect my 2-channel listening when it's time for music.

If I had to choose, it would be music by a land slide but I wouldn't want to have to make that choice ever.

Will Gatlin Jr

Stunt Coordinator
Larry B....

From your very own experiences, why do you feel that it's so hard to intergrate a sub with 2-ch?

Martice...

No mail today!!

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
I do enjoy music but I basically put my two stacked velo ct-150s to work on movies. I could not imagine movies with out them now.

PeterV

Agent
Will:
quote:
------------------------------------------------------------
There is nothing like a propely set-up and fined tuned sub for music/movies
------------------------------------------------------------

Larry:
quote:
---------------------------------------------------------
Music is far more about midrange than it is about low frequencies. Additionally, properly integrating a sub into a quality music system is a very difficult task.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Larry,
This past weekend(Sept. 8) my wife and I attended the
Supertramp -World Tour concert in Thunder Bay,Ontario.
Besides the high and mid frequencies, the low frequency
sound that we could hear and feel was to say the least
very impressive. Maybe it depends upon the music we are listening to. In my humble opinion it made a huge
difference.
Best regards,
PeterV

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks