What's new

Multi-Zone Audio server with XM tuner (1 Viewer)

shaneOneill

Auditioning
Hello there..

I recently signed up for XM radio using the 2 for 1 tuner deal they had. I got two XM Roadies for about $50 and signed up for three years. It took me exactly 30 minutes to forget 30 years of regular fm radio and become a big satellite radio fan.

Anyhow, I'm building a new house and, among other things, have decided I want satellite radio to be my primary source of whole-house audio.

I first saw the Polk XRt12 home XM tuner, which got very good reviews and costs about $270 retail, $220 on Ebay. Knowing I want a music SERVER in the house that can handle various music sources and zones, I kept looking and found the Russound Cam6.6 multi-zone audio distribution system which INCLUDES an XM Sat tuner. It runs about $1,200 now, significantly lower than when it was introduced.

Anyone have any thoughts on these two options or experience with them?

Regards
Shane

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
A Russound XM tuner will interface with some of their keypads and touchpanels to give to station and artist information.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks