What's new

Much Transformers news (and other possible Rhino releases)... (1 Viewer)

Mike Miskulin

Second Unit
I just got back from Wizard World Chicago and had a nice chat with one of the reps at the Rhino booth. Basically, all the transformer boxed sets are progressing nicely.

He confirmed that Season 3, Part 1 of the Original Transformers will be coming out on October 14th (not 9/09 as has previously been reported). Part 2 should be released around January/February. After questioning, he did restate that the orginal 2.0 mix should not have the new sound effects. (We've heard that one before...)

Beast Wars boxset 2 should also be out towards the beginning of the year. Beast Machines (the entire series) will then follow in March/April. Also, be on the lookout for Beast Wars at Wal*Mart. After not picking up the other Transformers Boxsets, apparently they decided to carry the season 1 set.

I don't recall anything about Robots in Disguise, but he did have interesting news regarding Armada. Apparently, Rhino will be releasing single DVDs of the series in a "themed" format to be followed by box sets sometime later down the road. No info about which episodes would be included, but he did mention they will not be in any specific order...

All in all, he was a really nice guy, though I don't recall his name. He did also mention that Rhino is aggressively pursuing other 80s cartoons such as Thundercats and possibly M.A.S.K. Sadly, due to a possible new live-action movie, rights to Masters of the Universe DVD releases may be a long time off no matter what company lands the licence.

mike.

Oh yeah, and there's another MST3K boxset lined up for Novemeber I believe. (He mentioned 3 of the 4 movies included, but they escape me right now).

Louis_P

Stunt Coordinator
Do you know if BeastWars volume 2 will collect both season 2 and 3? There was only 13 episodes each for both seasons.Since Beast Machines had 26 episodes and they will release them all in one set would make more sence to go that way with Beastwars volume 2 too.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
So, the exciting DVD news for MST3K is another 4-movie box set? I really hope at least a couple of the episodes are never before released (on home video or DVD), preferrably from the Comedy Central years, but I'll take anything NEW...

Mike Miskulin

Second Unit
My impression was that they intend to keep all boxsets around the 26 or so episode mark, so I'd guess that the second Beast Wars set would have the remaining 26 episodes. I just assumed this, but we never talked about it explicitly.

mike.

Haden

Supporting Actor
Ooh, M.A.S.K.!! Haven't seen that since I was a kid. Would love to get a complete set of episodes.

Eric Emma

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Eric H. Emma
I wonder if will ever see TF: Headmasters, Masterforce and Victory on dvd sometime?

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if will ever see TF: Headmasters, Masterforce and Victory on dvd sometime?
They're horrifically poor to be honest, and the existing English dub (which Rhino would probably use) was done by one of those infamous Australian dubbing parlors, which makes the worst US efforts look Oscar worthy

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Hopefully they'll subtitle rather than go with the bad dubs that have done the circuit of the pirate dealers.
Hopefully they would make subtitling available for purists, but also do a GOOD English dub as well.

My 5-year-old Transformers fan doesn't read too good yet, and by not having an English dub on there Rhino would be losing mega-sales to the kidvid market. There are plenty of Transformers fans who will justify the purchase as kidvid items, even if the real reason is their own fandom or curiosity. Include me in that group...but I need a dub because I won't have them in the house and not have my son be able to enjoy them.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
How good are Rhino Releases? Is this the company to root for if Tcats is to be released to DVD with good supplimental extras?

And this is what I do'nt get about MAsters of the Universe. Mattell is doing a crappy job of promoting it, that I doubt a new movie could be in the works..

Most toy stores are dropping the line(A sign if the item is on clearance racks), and the scalpers and store employees seem to get first pick, because new characters are impossible to find, thanks to He-Man and Skeletor Varients clogging up the shelves.

A new movie would be great, but you'd think they'd release the DVD's of the original toon to help promote it...

Hey everybody just to let you know that there is going to be a live action version based on the transformers ... could be interesting ... check it out ... I loved watching the transformers growing up
www.transformers.com ... this will take you to hasbro's website and the link to the article is on the right side of the page

JohnAP

Second Unit
Really looking forward to Beast Wars seasons 2 and 3 and I'll probably pick up Beast Machines. I'm glad they're just doing sets instead of the individual volumes they were doing before people started complaining. I'd be mad that Armada isn't being released in order if I thought that show was worth watching at all. I guess it makes sense for them not to bother marketing that one to the collector market. Ditto if RID ever gets released.

In had sounded like they had something bigger planned for MST3K rather than another 4 movie set. Still, if they're previously unreleased, then I'll still be happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks